ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pre-settlement of newborn and travel

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

marcoscagliusi90
Newly Registered
Italy

Pre-settlement of newborn and travel

Post by marcoscagliusi90 » Fri May 26, 2023 3:23 pm

Hi all,

I am an Italian national and my child - born in the UK on March 2023, also Italian national - applied for pre-settled status on May 11 (my wife and I have both pre-settled status). I was hoping that his application would be approved in a matter of days but it seems this is taking long. The problem is that we expect to travel to Italy by mid-June and stay in Italy until mid-August. My question is - will my child application to pre-settled status be automatically withrawn if he leaves the UK before it is processed? Also, can my child re-enter the UK if his pre-settled application has not been processed? We now fear we will need to go through lots of bureaucracy for him to enter the UK if his pre-settled doesn't get sorted in time.

As always, thank you very much for all your help.

Marco

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Pre-settlement of newborn and travel

Post by alterhase58 » Fri May 26, 2023 4:26 pm

Did you receive a Certificate of Application (COA)?
With COA applicants are allowed to travel out/in to the UK.
The application will not be be cancelled as happen for some UK immigration applications.
Present the COA at the UK border with a valid EU passport.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

marcoscagliusi90
Newly Registered
Italy

Re: Pre-settlement of newborn and travel

Post by marcoscagliusi90 » Fri May 26, 2023 9:15 pm

No, COA not received :(