ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need Advice.. Please

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

majic

Need Advice.. Please

Post by majic » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:27 pm

I am on an HSMP visa and it clearly states 'no recourse to public funds'...

Can anyone please tell me that if i buy a house on a shared ownership(part buy part rent scheme) will i be claiming any benefits...

I called one of these housing companies and the lady there said that this low cost housing was funded by government to help those who cannot buy a house in one go..

Now I am confused... if I buy a low-cost house from an organisation which is funded by the government .. will i be claiming benefits....

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:18 pm

You have asked this question before? On a different board? Didn't you like the answer you got?
John

majic

Post by majic » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:20 am

John,

This is the only post by me on this topic. Please be kind enough to answer this query of mine or direct me to the board that has the answer to this query.

Regards

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:40 am

Many apologies! This exact subject came up very recently on this Board. Have a read through this topic.
John