ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application - Professional referee

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pvscd
Newly Registered

Naturalisation application - Professional referee

Post by pvscd » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:38 pm

Hi,

I am going to apply for UK naturalisation soon. Application for naturalisation as a British citizen, Form AN (see the link below), - has 'Section 5: Referees and Identity'

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... orm_an.pdf

The application states that 'One referee should be a person of any nationality who has professional standing, eg doctor, minister of religion, civil servant, or a member of a professional body e.g. accountant or solicitor (who is not representing you with this application)'.

The following link has the list of people who can represent professionals. The list has an item of professional as Engineer (with professional qualifications).

Now my question is, Can a Software Engineer with an Engineering degree obtained outside UK but currently working in UK be a professional referee on my naturalisation apllication.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Thank you

PVS

republique
BANNED

Re: Naturalisation application - Professional referee

Post by republique » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:44 pm

pvscd wrote:Hi,

I am going to apply for UK naturalisation soon. Application for naturalisation as a British citizen, Form AN (see the link below), - has 'Section 5: Referees and Identity'

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... orm_an.pdf

The application states that 'One referee should be a person of any nationality who has professional standing, eg doctor, minister of religion, civil servant, or a member of a professional body e.g. accountant or solicitor (who is not representing you with this application)'.

The following link has the list of people who can represent professionals. The list has an item of professional as Engineer (with professional qualifications).

Now my question is, Can a Software Engineer with an Engineering degree obtained outside UK but currently working in UK be a professional referee on my naturalisation apllication.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Thank you

PVS
thats fine

pvscd
Newly Registered

Re: Naturalisation application - Professional referee

Post by pvscd » Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:54 pm

Hi Republic,

Thank you very much for a quick reply. I have another question on the same subject. Should the professional referee, which is software engineer in my case, be working with the government office or any Limited company will be fine.

Many Thanks

PVS

dnicky
Member of Standing

Post by dnicky » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:14 pm

Working with a limited company should be fine.

misha06
Newly Registered

Post by misha06 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:42 pm

Professional qualifications involve being a member of a relevant institution in line with their specific charters, for example the 'Institution of Electrical Engineers'.

Professional Engineers are entitled to use a designation after their name, eg IEng, CEng. An engineering degree in itself is not a professional qualification.

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:02 pm

dnicky wrote:Working with a limited company should be fine.
Is he director of the ltd company

pvscd
Newly Registered

Post by pvscd » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:18 pm

Is he director of the ltd company
Thanks every one for the responses.

My referee is not director of the ltd company; he is working with a software limited company in a senior software engineer designation. Should my referee be the director of the limited company or an employee of the limited company will be fine?

Thank you
PVS