ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Priority UK Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Stevo7790
Newly Registered
Mood:
England

Priority UK Spouse Visa

Post by Stevo7790 » Tue May 30, 2023 6:01 pm

Hey all,

I'm new here, so please don't bite too hard if I get anything wrong :)

Me and my wife who is a Philippine national (we got married last year) have recently applied for a UK Spouse Visa, we meet all the requirements for the visa and I can't think of anything else that we would have needed to provide after uploading all the mandatory and supporting documentation. So on this front we are quite calm and relaxed about it.

I paid the visa fee and IHS on the 16th of May and as we were able to pay for one of the priority services through VFS, we chose the 575 pounds route as we were of the understanding that this was a 5 day processing time.

My wife attended the VFS centre in Manila on the 22nd of May to do her biometrics and was advised as we thought at the time that we would have a decision within 5 working days.

On the 23rd of May my wife received and email from VFS advising that the application had been forwarded onto the UKVI. So good so far.

Fast forwarding to today, we have heard nothing, no emails and no further correspondence. When we look at the tracking on the VFS web portal, all we can see is that the visa application was submitted.

I did a little digging online and have come across some conflicting information, whilst the VFS site gives you a link to the gov.uk website where it states that the priority visas are either for 5 day processing or next day processing, some other sites (mainly Immigration Law firms) state that it is a 15 day processing time.
I'm not too bothered whether it is 5 or 15 days but I'm looking to see if anyone can provide any clarity on this?
I appreciate that there are delays and there can be other reasons why it takes x amount of time, but I would really like to stop checking for emails and tracking updates frantically when there might be no need.

If anyone could give any advice or anything from their own experience it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Steve

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Priority UK Spouse Visa

Post by Korekt » Wed May 31, 2023 9:28 am

It appears you may have purchased the wrong one from their website.

What is the exact name of the one you purchased?
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

Jdjayd
Newly Registered
India

Re: Priority UK Spouse Visa

Post by Jdjayd » Wed May 31, 2023 8:54 pm

Hi, even I have applied for spouse visa for my wife and we have been told 30 working days. My wife had submitted her biometrics on 24th May 2023.