ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My Experience: Missing Naturalisation Certificate No. for Naturalisation Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

LadyC
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

My Experience: Missing Naturalisation Certificate No. for Naturalisation Application

Post by LadyC » Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:49 am

Hello,

Just sharing my experience incase someone else finds themselves in the similar situation as I was.
My hubby couldn't locate his naturalisation certificate in order for me to copy the no.for my naturalisation application, I couldn't find the soft copy as well. We even checked previous application forms but couldn't get it (though I believe it was stated on the Financial requirement form or so used during the first spouse visa application).

Rather than applying for a replacement naturalisation certificate ( I couldn't wait🫣), I took the courage and applied for my naturalisation without it but put "000000" in the section where it was requested for on the form. I then submitted his british passport with all pages scanned as part of the supporting docs.

My naturalisation application was approved within the normal timeline ( within 3 months). Please bear in my mind that my case was not a complex one.

At the end, each person's case is unique but this was my experience.