ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of residency for Irish citizenship

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kay27
Australia

Proof of residency for Irish citizenship

Post by Kay27 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:30 am

Hi all,

I received fantastic advice on here in the past and just want to clarify one final thing before I send off my application. In terms of proof of residency, the form states I need to provide four years of residency ( three years if refugee status), to make up a quota of 150 points. Is this correct? I have 150 points for the last four years.

Many thanks in advance.

meself2
Ireland

Re: Proof of residency for Irish citizenship

Post by meself2 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:56 am

No, you need 5 years - 1 year just before the application + any of the 4 out of last 8 years.
See excerpts from https://www.irishimmigration.ie/wp-cont ... cument.pdf (I recommend you consulting the guide before lodging the application).
You must reach 150 points for each year of residence.
[...]
To be eligible for Irish Citizenship you must be able to demonstrate that you have been
resident in Ireland for the full year prior to your application AND for periods totalling 4
years in the 8 years before that.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Kay27
Australia

Post by Kay27 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:31 am

Many thanks meself.

I have just found this guide

https://www.irishimmigration.ie/wp-cont ... cument.pdf

It is different to the one I was using as it was only showing 70 points for Employment Detail Summary. Perhaps that was an older version of the form I was getting the points quota from? I've contacted my work to get my P60 from 2018 as revenue.ie only has them back to 2019. I will get the remaining 50 points from a bill.

I had put this on hold as I was away on holiday but am back now and just awaiting a meeting with the solicitor to sign my documentation.

Many thanks again for your prompt, informative reply.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:54 am

Yes, the guide is pretty recent, I guess they have slightly reworked the system. It should be less hassle though, asking for 2 documents per year compared to the scorecard before.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Kay27
Australia

Post by Kay27 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:29 am

Yes, it's definitely easier this way without the score card.

I wanted to thank you as well for a comment on my last post where you mentioned putting the passport number I entered Ireland with under the date I arrived and not my current passport number! I'd have got that wrong without your guidance.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:06 pm

No worries! Feel free to keep going at it with asking questions in this thread.