ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Different name on Degree certificate and passport

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

QEF8DD

Different name on Degree certificate and passport

Post by QEF8DD » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:59 am

If the college degree has the name as 'Vijay S. S/O Mr. XXXXX' and passport and driving license has the name 'Vijay Sharma', then does anything needs to be done to prove to the BHC that Vijay S. and Vijay Sharma are one and the same ? Do I need to submit an affidavit ? If yes, what all to take care of in it ?

raghava39@rediffmail.com

Post by raghava39@rediffmail.com » Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:03 am

Vijay,

Even I am having the same dilemma. But in my case the Initials of my name pertain to my father name, So I am taking a small chance.As per one of the old post at forums, to be on a safer side, it may be better to get affidavit from notary saying that Mr.Vijay S and Mr.Vijay Sharma refer to one and the same person.

Thanks
Raghavendran.G

Jedi001
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Jedi001 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:17 am

Hello Guys,

I am also planning to apply for Tier 1 in Jan 09, I was in the similar situation but in my case my employer had my name as "First name K Last Name" K=Kumar, where in it should be "First name Kumar Last Name", I got a letter from my employer and thinking to get it done a notarized as well just to be on safer side.

Regards
Jedi001

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:59 pm

Name in the Passport is used for VISA processing. It would be advisable if you guys could get the Degree/other evidences with name as shown on the passport (a long drawn process) or atleast get a letter from the certificate issuing entity (University etc.) to state that degree bearing number.... and date has been issued to xxxx whose full name is xxx (relatively easier to get done). If these things as difficult to get done then a Notarised affidavit is what you should use and hope for the best. In any case highlight this point in your cover letter.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

raghava39@rediffmail.com

Post by raghava39@rediffmail.com » Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:39 pm

push_hsmp wrote:In any case highlight this point in your cover letter.
Hi,

My name as it appears in Certificate is Raghavendran G where as in the Passport my initials (Which happens to be my father's name) are expanded. Shoud I highlight this in my cover letter?

If required I am planning to highlight in the covering letter as follows

"Please note that my name appears as Raghavendran G in my degree certificate as well as in the employment related records. As the passport procedures required initials (surname) to be expanded, my name in the passport appears as Raghavendran Gururaja Rao."

Please advise

Thanks
Raghavendran.G

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:29 pm

Yes you should. You should also tell that the abbreviated part in your name in #### which is your father's name. You should support this with an notorised affidavit if you are not in a position to get the name corrected in your degree or get a letter from the University.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

Jedi001
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Jedi001 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:09 am

push_hsmp wrote:Yes you should. You should also tell that the abbreviated part in your name in #### which is your father's name. You should support this with an notorised affidavit if you are not in a position to get the name corrected in your degree or get a letter from the University.

I have got an email reply to my query on name being different on payslips & offer letter from Entry Clearence Manager:

Mr XXXXX

This will be fine.

Please include a copy of this email with your application.

Kind regards

XXXX XXXXXX

Entry Clearance Manager

QEF8DD

Post by QEF8DD » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:51 pm

My case :
Name on Birth Certificate: Rajesh
Name on 10th, 12th and college degree: Rajesh <S.>
Name on passport and driving license : Rajesh <Surname>

Prepared an affidavit today as follows:

I, Rajesh <surname>, S/o. Sh. <XXXXX>, R/o <Residential Address>, do hereby solemnly affirm and declare on oath as under :-

1. That in my birth certificate my name is mentioned as 'Rajesh'.
2. That my name in my Xth, XIIth and college degree certificates is mentioned as 'Rajesh S.'
3. That in the passport/license, my name is mentioned as 'Rajesh <Surname>', <Surname> being <mention caste/house/village name etc>.
4. That I am the same person with the above said three names and in future I would like to use my name as 'Rajesh <Surname>'.
5. That the above statements are true and correct.

Notary stamp and sign is required on this document (10 Rs. stamp paper). Overall it will cost around Rs. 100 only and can be used for any purpose - not just the tier1 application. I went to the Delhi high court for this. (was well worth the visit.. saw some hot young advocates lol)

happyxda
Newly Registered

Post by happyxda » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:07 pm

Hi
Can i make the same format from Ireland, even though my name was changed in India ti include my sirname? please reply

QEF8DD

Post by QEF8DD » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:03 pm

happyxda wrote:Hi
Can i make the same format from Ireland, even though my name was changed in India ti include my sirname? please reply
If the judicial process over there isn't cumbersome then you can try otherwise get it done through someone in India who can send the affidavit through post.. (may be you can try if you can get it without showsing the original documents).
The letter from the Entry officer would be the easiest method though.

happyxda
Newly Registered

Post by happyxda » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:05 pm

Yeah i am thinking so, how to get a letter from entry clearance officer? do u have some idea, please let me know.
many thanks

spirit
Newly Registered

Hi try to get an email from Entry Clearence MAnager as..

Post by spirit » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:52 am

happyxda wrote:Yeah i am thinking so, how to get a letter from entry clearance officer? do u have some idea, please let me know.
many thanks
I have got an email reply to my query on name being different on payslips & offer letter from Entry Clearence Manager:

Mr XXXXX

This will be fine.

Please include a copy of this email with your application.

Kind regards

XXXX XXXXXX

Entry Clearance Manager.

Try to send mails often & to one of the mails u may get the positive reply to ur email

HSMP_India
Newly Registered

Entry clearance office

Post by HSMP_India » Sat May 16, 2009 4:07 pm

How do we contacat the entry clearance office? Do you have any email IDs?

Also, Can we get notarised by any notary public ?

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Sat May 16, 2009 7:00 pm

If you are outside India, you can do this as self-affidavit from relevant Indian High Commission.I did the same from London High Comission. My Surname is passport was different from my Degree and other acadmeic certificates.

All you need to do is draft a letter (2-3 copies)+copies of your passport+copies of your documents(make 2 bundles),go to nearest Indian High Comission and get this done from Consular Services.

If you are in India, you have to get this notarised from BHC approved notaries which will be pain.
happyxda wrote:Hi