ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can a HSMP Dependent sponser a Visitor visa??

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmp_1476

Post by hsmp_1476 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:42 am

Hi,

I am on HSMP and my wife is on HSMP Dependent visa in UK. Her parents want to come here next year. Can she sponser them directly? she is working here and has enough savings. House contract is in my name and not in my wife's name. Most of the utility bills and councel tax has both our names.

Thanks
VK

sanak

Post by sanak » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:10 pm

Hi John,

I havae some query with regards to rights of HSMP dependent

1)Can a HSMP dependent sponser her parents on visitior visa if working and earning in UK.

2)I have 10 months left to go for extension for 3 years can i still sponser them for 6 month visitor visa ....

Can you please let me know!!

Thanks

GoodFun

Post by GoodFun » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:28 am

You do not have to sponsor a visitor visa, the plans for a sponsored tourist visa was dropped by the UK government before it even took off.

What is required for the visa is to prove some sort of a link between the person resident in UK and the person applying to visit them.

Hence anyone who is resident in the UK can send a letter to prove this connection. Ideally the person writing the letter has to prove that they have a place to house the person and enough money to support their stay.

However it might just be simple for the HSMP applicant to write this letter as they can invite their in-laws to visit them. I have previously written letter of invitation for my in-laws and they have never had an issue. I have a HSMP visa.

With regards to the expiry of the visa, this is something they do look closely at, so note that they will not issue the visitor visa beyond the expiry of your existing visa.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:58 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

sanak

Visit Visa

Post by sanak » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:58 am

Hi Vinny,

recently i applied for visitor visa of my sister and got rejected. The BHC wrote that he was not able to establish that she would return in 6 month time since she has close faimly member in UK. And also that each visitor has to qualify first as general visitor and then they look at sponsor......

Could you advice me what else should i have written......

I had send following document......

6 Month Bank Statement
letter from employer
Covering letter
and proof of adress where she would be staying.....

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:10 am

It may help if visitors to the UK show STRONG TIES to their home country (similar advice to prevent visa denials for visitors to the USA).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

hsmp_1476

Post by hsmp_1476 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:00 pm

Thanks for the info. What form did you fill?? VAF1A or VAF1B? I am planning to invite my in laws here to stay with us for few months and then they will go back. The purpose is both meeting the family as well as visiting other places. Are there any differences in terms of required documentation in both the categories?

Thanks
VK
GoodFun wrote:You do not have to sponsor a visitor visa, the plans for a sponsored tourist visa was dropped by the UK government before it even took off.

What is required for the visa is to prove some sort of a link between the person resident in UK and the person applying to visit them.

Hence anyone who is resident in the UK can send a letter to prove this connection. Ideally the person writing the letter has to prove that they have a place to house the person and enough money to support their stay.

However it might just be simple for the HSMP applicant to write this letter as they can invite their in-laws to visit them. I have previously written letter of invitation for my in-laws and they have never had an issue. I have a HSMP visa.

With regards to the expiry of the visa, this is something they do look closely at, so note that they will not issue the visitor visa beyond the expiry of your existing visa.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:09 pm