ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometrics problem at UKVCAS

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Art87ee
United Kingdom

Can a teacher who is qualified but not currently working sign my form?

Post by Art87ee » Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:39 pm

She qualified and is a member of the NEU.

Her role ended in December. She is not currently in a job.

Can a professional sign if he or she is not currently in a job but is still registered with the professional body?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Can a teacher who is qualified but not currently working sign my form?

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:47 pm

Yes.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Art87ee
United Kingdom

How to upload every page of passport as proof? And can referee be resident abroad?

Post by Art87ee » Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:03 pm

Should I upload a zip file? There are many entries and exits on my passport.
Also, can my referee be British but living abroad?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: How to upload every page of passport as proof? And can referee be resident abroad?

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:44 pm

Art87ee wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:03 pm
Suggest you scan detail and stamped pages into one PDF file, your scanning app should be able to handle that, file size max 6MB I believe, B&W should be fine.
Should be ok, as long as referee qualifies.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

Art87ee
United Kingdom

Re: How to upload every page of passport as proof? And can referee be resident abroad?

Post by Art87ee » Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:33 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:44 pm
Art87ee wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:03 pm
Suggest you scan detail and stamped pages into one PDF file, your scanning app should be able to handle that, file size max 6MB I believe, B&W should be fine.
Should be ok, as long as referee qualifies.
Theek so much. Where is the referee form for signing? I can't find where to print it.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:50 pm

The referee forms can normally printed after you have submitted the application or use this link before then: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... on_MN1.pdf
The format is the same.

Art87ee
United Kingdom

Filled up my name myself in referee form before it was checked by referee and signed. Will this create a problem?

Post by Art87ee » Thu May 04, 2023 1:30 pm

Hi

I filled up the name field myself on page 1. Is this going to create problems since the name is in my handwriting?

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Filled up my name myself in referee form before it was checked by referee and signed. Will this create a problem?

Post by Ticktack » Thu May 04, 2023 2:12 pm

Art87ee wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 1:30 pm
Hi

I filled up the name field myself on page 1. Is this going to create problems since the name is in my handwriting?
No, it's not that deep.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Art87ee
United Kingdom

Re: Filled up my name myself in referee form before it was checked by referee and signed. Will this create a problem?

Post by Art87ee » Thu May 04, 2023 8:50 pm

Ticktack wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 2:12 pm
Art87ee wrote:
Hi

No, it's not that deep.
Thank you. What happens to ILR if naturalisation is rejected?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 04, 2023 9:14 pm

Art87ee wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 8:50 pm
Ticktack wrote:
Art87ee wrote:
Hi

No, it's not that deep.
Nothing happens to ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Art87ee
United Kingdom

Post by Art87ee » Fri May 05, 2023 3:51 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 9:14 pm
Art87ee wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 8:50 pm
Ticktack wrote:
Art87ee wrote:
Hi

No, it's not that deep.
Nothing happens to ILR.
Thank you. My application and referee forms are ready but I'm waiting for one final document that I need to upload.
It will take 2-3 weeks to get it. Will I have to get my forms signed again because of the wait in applying?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 05, 2023 6:03 pm

No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Art87ee
United Kingdom

Post by Art87ee » Tue May 09, 2023 12:57 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 6:03 pm
No.
Thanks again.

I was out of the country for nearly a year in 2020 during the pandemic, looking after my parents while they did not have any support due to shielding.

The gov.uk website says that an absence of over 6 months will cast doubts on future intentions to stay in the UK. Should I explain my situation in a cover letter?

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Tue May 09, 2023 11:38 am

Art87ee wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 12:57 am
CR001 wrote:
No.
Thanks again.

I was out of the country for nearly a year in 2020 during the pandemic, looking after my parents while they did not have any support due to shielding.

The gov.uk website says that an absence of over 6 months will cast doubts on future intentions to stay in the UK. Should I explain my situation in a cover letter?
Where did you read that? Share the link.
FYI, you're not in jail. If you don't exceed the total allowed time away from the UK, then you have nothing to worry about.

Art87ee
United Kingdom

Post by Art87ee » Wed May 10, 2023 12:40 pm

Ticktack wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 11:38 am
Art87ee wrote:
CR001 wrote:
No.
Thanks again.

FYI, you're not in jail. If you don't exceed the total allowed time away from the UK, then you have nothing to worry about.
Hi

I mean this from the guidance:
"There is no information to cast doubt on their intention, for example, either:

a partner who is or intends to live outside of the UK

a recent absence from the UK for a period of 6 months or more"
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... bookmark49

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Wed May 10, 2023 12:57 pm

Art87ee wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 12:40 pm
Ticktack wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 11:38 am
Art87ee wrote:
CR001 wrote:
No.
Thanks again.

Hi

I mean this from the guidance:
"There is no information to cast doubt on their intention, for example, either:

a partner who is or intends to live outside of the UK

a recent absence from the UK for a period of 6 months or more"
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... bookmark49
Extended absences during the pandemic is quite understandable. That link only says over 6 months could cast a doubt on future intentions to live in the UK. It doesn't rule it out completely.
The pandemic was an anomaly in the equation of life. No one saw that coming.

If you meet the residency requirements, then you simply meet it. All other factors like home, work and family life would point to you making the UK your home.

If you repeatedly spend over 6 months out of the UK annually, then future intention doubt comes into play.

Art87ee
United Kingdom

Post by Art87ee » Sun May 14, 2023 9:43 pm

Great thanks.
Is there a limit on how many documents I can upload post application submission?

Art87ee
United Kingdom

Post by Art87ee » Sun May 14, 2023 10:59 pm

Also, just wondering whether I need to scan my degree certificate and other documents provided at the time of ILR? Will they not have copies of these already from time the ILR was processed?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon May 15, 2023 7:27 am

Art87ee wrote:
Sun May 14, 2023 10:59 pm
Also, just wondering whether I need to scan my degree certificate and other documents provided at the time of ILR? Will they not have copies of these already from time the ILR was processed?
Naturalisation is separate from immigration. Provide what is required. The application is processed by the the nationality department.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue May 16, 2023 6:18 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 7:27 am
Art87ee wrote:
Sun May 14, 2023 10:59 pm
Naturalisation is separate from immigration. Provide what is required. The application is processed by the the nationality department.
Succinctly put.
Even if processed by same team and person, it is another application, you don't want to rely on HO record keeping/archiving abilities as events in not to distant past showed.
Provide what is required to support your application lest you trifle with your peace of mind, time and money.

Art87ee
United Kingdom

Post by Art87ee » Tue May 16, 2023 2:50 pm

Thank you.

Do all the documents have to uploaded in one go? Or can I submit what I have now and then submit the rest in a few days?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue May 16, 2023 7:17 pm

Art87ee wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 2:50 pm
Thank you.

Do all the documents have to uploaded in one go? Or can I submit what I have now and then submit the rest in a few days?
You can upload in bits, just ensure to complete upload before attending biometrics.

Art87ee
United Kingdom

Post by Art87ee » Wed May 17, 2023 6:08 pm

Thank you.

Do I need to mention that my application was extended by section 3C while waiting for ILR? To show that I was here legally even though my brp expired while waiting?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 17, 2023 6:38 pm

Art87ee wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 6:08 pm
Do I need to mention that my application was extended by section 3C while waiting for ILR? To show that I was here legally even though my brp expired while waiting?
No. UKVI do know the rules, you don't need to explain their own rules to them.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Art87ee
United Kingdom

Post by Art87ee » Fri May 26, 2023 5:10 pm

Thank you.

Date of application: Should I put the dates on which the applications were posted to the Home Office? All my previous applications were by post.