ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accelerated route after Extension

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rxhxl
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Accelerated route after Extension

Post by rxhxl » Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:38 pm

Hi Moderators,

I invested in an existing Uk company in 2019 and had my extension in November 2022 on the basis of a net increase of 2 employees. Currently, the business is not doing very well but the business has x number of employees out of which 10 have been employed after my investment and have completed 1 year and are still with the company.

The Tier 1 Entrepreneur policy guidance document on 25 mentions (re accelerated route)

You have spent a continuous period of 3 years lawfully in the UK with leave as a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) migrant, and have:

(i) created the equivalent of at least 10 (including the 2 jobs already relied upon to score points under row 3) new full time jobs, which meet the requirements in row 3 above, or

My question is on the basis of the above can I apply for ILR under the accelerated route as the business has 10 new full-time jobs employed after my investment, who are currently in the company and have completed 1 year, or as I invested in an existing company this needs to be a net increase of 10 jobs?

Thanks

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: Accelerated route after Extension

Post by marcnath » Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:38 pm

rxhxl wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:38 pm
Hi Moderators,

I invested in an existing Uk company in 2019 and had my extension in November 2022 on the basis of a net increase of 2 employees. Currently, the business is not doing very well but the business has x number of employees out of which 10 have been employed after my investment and have completed 1 year and are still with the company.

The Tier 1 Entrepreneur policy guidance document on 25 mentions (re accelerated route)

You have spent a continuous period of 3 years lawfully in the UK with leave as a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) migrant, and have:

(i) created the equivalent of at least 10 (including the 2 jobs already relied upon to score points under row 3) new full time jobs, which meet the requirements in row 3 above, or

My question is on the basis of the above can I apply for ILR under the accelerated route as the business has 10 new full-time jobs employed after my investment, who are currently in the company and have completed 1 year, or as I invested in an existing company this needs to be a net increase of 10 jobs?

Thanks
It still has to be a net increase
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.