ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dress code? For ceremony

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jbminger
Ireland

Dress code? For ceremony

Post by jbminger » Sat Jun 17, 2023 7:07 pm

What is everyone wearing? Is any dress code specified?

I was planning to wear a nice pair of jeans and a button down shirt. My wife thought I should be wearing a suit…

What say ye!!

luxurylemon
Ireland

Re: Dress code? For ceremony

Post by luxurylemon » Sat Jun 17, 2023 7:14 pm

Have a quick google of the previous ceremonies and look at pictures. It seems to usually be very casual. It rages a bit from suits to people who just rocked up in a tracksuit, and everything in between. I saw one picture of a girl wearing something like a ballgown!

I'd say wear what you like but I plan to wear a nice day dress like what I'd normally wear to work, and my husband will be wearing a shirt and tie, same as he normally would to work. It is a ceremony, but I dont think a full suit is necessary.

jbminger
Ireland

Post by jbminger » Sat Jun 17, 2023 7:32 pm

Good answer!

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Sat Jun 17, 2023 8:47 pm

You wear whatever you want to wear. There is no dress code. It’s summer. It can be very warm, and it can be raining a lot in west Ireland.

Some people wear formal and come prepared (learn the Irish anthem if you wish!). Others just come with t-shirts and flip-flops.