ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

how many days can outside the state while not affect renew thre visa?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kyk00525
Newly Registered
Ireland

how many days can outside the state while not affect renew thre visa?

Post by kyk00525 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:19 pm

stamp 4 holder here
i may have to back to my home country to deal with some family related issue. not sure how long will be but i predict up to 2 months.
question is i already out for 10 days past 6 months for short trip around europe. i understand the 42 days rules and i willing to pay the "penalty" days.
but wonder if over 42 will that affect the renew as one of the condition on the letter is stay continuous inside the state

thanks
regard.

meself2
Ireland

Re: how many days can outside the state while not affect renew thre visa?

Post by meself2 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:26 pm

post2059066.html#p2059066
I have queried this a few times with INIS and BMU and urged them to put this onto their website. It is an inherent part of the requirements when a non-EU national takes up residences in Ireland - almost all stamps covered by domestic laws allow people to be out of the country for a maximum of 3 months, with the exception EUTR (6 months) and IIP (0/1 day).
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

kyk00525
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by kyk00525 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 3:31 pm

meself2 wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:26 pm
I have queried this a few times with INIS and BMU and urged them to put this onto their website. It is an inherent part of the requirements when a non-EU national takes up residences in Ireland - almost all stamps covered by domestic laws allow people to be out of the country for a maximum of 3 months, with the exception EUTR (6 months) and IIP (0/1 day).
So I take it as 90 days allow?
Is that based on the calendar or the visa period... They really should make it clear on this...

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 3:39 pm

kyk00525 wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 3:31 pm
meself2 wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:26 pm
So I take it as 90 days allow?
Is that based on the calendar or the visa period... They really should make it clear on this...
They should, but for whatever reason they don't. I'd assume a calendar year, as EUTR is being stated as "Absences of less than 6 months per year".
https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/m ... -national/
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

vishnu_goli
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by vishnu_goli » Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:59 am

What are the effects if one stays outside the country for non-consecutive 90 days in a calender year??

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:45 pm

vishnu_goli wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:59 am
What are the effects if one stays outside the country for non-consecutive 90 days in a calender year??
We don't know.
Technically, according to the quote given, ISD might consider you're not residing in the State and do something with your permission/on next renewal.
Practically, it depends on the situation and I'm personally not aware of any cases when it was used against someone. But it's not advised to try