ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen flight tickets

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Botman
Oman

Schengen visa fee

Post by Botman » Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:41 pm

How much is schengen visa fee for normal and for priority appointments?

meself2
Ireland

Re: Schengen visa fee

Post by meself2 » Wed Jun 14, 2023 2:40 pm

Schengen visa fee itself is 80 euro (unless you're from a handful of selected countries, then it's 35).

There's no priority service for the visa. There are services that VFS (visa facilitation center) may provide you for extra cost, eg ability to come in without an appointment, but it varies from country to country (and some don't even use VFS), so there's no defined answer. You can't pay more money to speed up the consideration process, though, as it's done by embassy/consulate staff.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Botman
Oman

Post by Botman » Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:06 pm

There was no routine appointments availability so i booked a priority appointment. I didn’t get charged on booking. Will i have to pay additional charges on appointment day?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:54 am

Botman wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:06 pm
There was no routine appointments availability so i booked a priority appointment. I didn’t get charged on booking. Will i have to pay additional charges on appointment day?
Most likely yes, but I cannot give you a definite answer - each country's third party provider is different.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Botman
Oman

Schengen flight tickets

Post by Botman » Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:06 pm

Is it necessary to book flights for Schengen visa applications? Are there any refundable flight ticket websites?

meself2
Ireland

Re: Schengen flight tickets

Post by meself2 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:11 pm

Botman wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:06 pm
Is it necessary to book flights for Schengen visa applications?
There's 27 Schengen countries and document requirements differ between them; some require flight bookings, some don't (and no, I don't have the list of ones that don't, especially since it varies by country). You'd have specify the country or, even better, check the embassy website.

Botman
Oman

Post by Botman » Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:12 pm

Spain

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:16 pm

Botman wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:12 pm
Spain
You need evidence of return flights.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

george1981
Newly Registered
India

Post by george1981 » Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:57 am

Botman wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:06 pm
Is it necessary to book flights for Schengen visa applications? Are there any refundable flight ticket websites?
I recently applied at Sweedish Embessey (3 weeks ago). When I asked about the flights, this is what I received from their migration agency (my visa was granted as well).

"It is ok not to attach plane tickets if you can show that you have sufficient funds to buy a return ticket"

Again this probably depends on the country where you are applying. You may directly as them.