ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pre Settled status Sponsoring partner/gf

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AGM23
United Kingdom

Pre Settled status Sponsoring partner/gf

Post by AGM23 » Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:42 pm

Hi all,

I have a friend whos is EU citizen with PSS, he has a girl friend who is EU/Greek citizen and would like to sponsor her to come and live with him in UK.

They have been in relationship for 3 years, however been living in different countries, Him in UK and his gf in Greece.

They both travel between the two countries regularly to see each other and have all the travel tickets, phone call records, pictures etc to prove their relationship? Would this be enough to bring her to UK under partner route?

If not what is the best possible solution?

Thanks

secret.simon

Re: Pre Settled status Sponsoring partner/gf

Post by secret.simon » Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:13 pm

Doubt that that is sufficient.

They would need to be "durable partners" for a period of at least two years. Durable partners is seen as a relationship equivalent to a marriage, living together, sharing bills, etc, not a long-term boyfriend/girlfriend relationship.

Your friend can sponsor their significant other either if they are married or if they are in a durable partnership as explained above.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.