ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pre-settled to Settled status: biometric office bookings no longer possible?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gini852
United Kingdom

Pre-settled to Settled status: biometric office bookings no longer possible?

Post by gini852 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:52 am

Hi, I'm currently on pre-settled status and qualify to apply for settled status now. I have 2 questions please:

For context: I am a non-EU/EEA citizen and my pre-settled status is obtained through my EEA spouse who also resides here with me in the UK. We've been married for 4.5 years+ and marriage took place in the UK itself.

Questions
1. the EU Exit smartphone app in unable to scan my residence card's chip. The last time (when applying for pre-settled status) the same issue happened. As a workaround, I was able to obtain an in-person appointment at a biometric office to have the ID scanned. This no longer seems to be an option - is this true or am I missing something?

On the Gov.uk site, if I don't opt for using the app, I have to do it by post and am instructed to send in my residence card. This is tricky as I have a family member who is ill and overseas and I'll likely need to fly to visit them so I can't really part with my RC as I won't be able to get back into the UK without it once I leave. If anyone knows of a way to book a in-person biometric appointment, please let me know.

2. How long are processing times currently for switching from pre- to settled status currently (roughly speaking)? The gov.uk site's last update about processing times was in 2020 so very outdated info.

Thank you for any insights!

Br28016
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Pre-settled to Settled status: biometric office bookings no longer possible?

Post by Br28016 » Sun Aug 13, 2023 1:50 am

Wife applied on 9th June and got settled status letter on 24th July so about 7 weeks in her case. She is non-eu/eea. Our circumstances are bit more complicated than most so not sure if that may have taken longer to process.