ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Missed Ceremony due to email lost

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rokibalboa
Newly Registered
Slovenia

Waiting 10 months - still nothing - really surprised it takes so long

Post by rokibalboa » Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:22 am

Hi there.

Arrived in UK in 2013, and been employed since day 1, and never been outside for more than 20 days in whole year. I am citizen from EU.

Following are the timestamps of my application process:
2022-09-04: I've applied for UK citizenship, I've provided all documents and also paid extra service to check my documentation is proper at the centre.
2022-10-08: I've got an email from home office:
If you do not send this information by 26th October 2022 your application may be refused. Please include your name and our reference number in any correspondence to us.

Evidence that you meet the requirement for knowledge of English language and life in the UK. We require an acceptable English language qualification. The qualification provided with your application is is dated more that 2years prior to your application and cannot be accepted.
I've missed the email somehow and only saw it one month later. I was searching ukvcas instead of ukvi (i get tons of emails), and it didn't show wow.

2022-11-08: I've sent an email with apology and said that I will redo the English test.
2022-11-10: I did the test and sent them PDF with new English test and reference number for my Life in the UK result.
2022-11-15: They replied back:
Unfortunately English language is not a requirement is settlement under EUSS ILR, so while it may have been provided with your application it would not have been verified as it would not have been needed. this means that we still require evidence that you meet the requirement for knowledge of English language and life in the UK.
2022-11-17: I've sent them English test PDF and life in the uk reference AGAIN just in case after I got their email on 15th.

I am now waiting since, checking mail on a weekly basis. I've never contacted them to ask what is going on, nor called any phone number or contacted MP yet.

What is the next step? Should I just contact MP and explain the situation?

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Waiting 10 months - still nothing - really surprised it takes so long

Post by Ticktack » Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:49 am

rokibalboa wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:22 am
Hi there.

Arrived in UK in 2013, and been employed since day 1, and never been outside for more than 20 days in whole year. I am citizen from EU.

Following are the timestamps of my application process:
2022-09-04: I've applied for UK citizenship, I've provided all documents and also paid extra service to check my documentation is proper at the centre.
2022-10-08: I've got an email from home office:
If you do not send this information by 26th October 2022 your application may be refused. Please include your name and our reference number in any correspondence to us.

Evidence that you meet the requirement for knowledge of English language and life in the UK. We require an acceptable English language qualification. The qualification provided with your application is is dated more that 2years prior to your application and cannot be accepted.
I've missed the email somehow and only saw it one month later. I was searching ukvcas instead of ukvi (i get tons of emails), and it didn't show wow.

2022-11-08: I've sent an email with apology and said that I will redo the English test.
2022-11-10: I did the test and sent them PDF with new English test and reference number for my Life in the UK result.
2022-11-15: They replied back:
Unfortunately English language is not a requirement is settlement under EUSS ILR, so while it may have been provided with your application it would not have been verified as it would not have been needed. this means that we still require evidence that you meet the requirement for knowledge of English language and life in the UK.
2022-11-17: I've sent them English test PDF and life in the uk reference AGAIN just in case after I got their email on 15th.

I am now waiting since, checking mail on a weekly basis. I've never contacted them to ask what is going on, nor called any phone number or contacted MP yet.

What is the next step? Should I just contact MP and explain the situation?
What you needed to have done is Trinity SELT for £150. Approved B1 English Test for UK Visas, Visa Renewal, British Citizenship, Leave to Remain.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

rokibalboa
Newly Registered
Slovenia

Post by rokibalboa » Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:14 am

Ticktack wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:49 am
What you needed to have done is Trinity SELT for £150. Approved B1 English Test for UK Visas, Visa Renewal, British Citizenship, Leave to Remain.
Thanks for the reply. Yes I've done that in november, still no response from home office. Some people said if you ask them about status, it restarts the 6 months waiting, so I was not sure if I can ask them anything through email? So I think I will just craft an email for MP and hope for the best. It's frustrating seeing people getting approved in 1 month, and here I am waiting forever.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:08 am

rokibalboa wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:14 am
Ticktack wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:49 am
Thanks for the reply. Yes I've done that in november, still no response from home office. Some people said if you ask them about status, it restarts the 6 months waiting, so I was not sure if I can ask them anything through email? So I think I will just craft an email for MP and hope for the best. It's frustrating seeing people getting approved in 1 month, and here I am waiting forever.
Unfortunately, every case is different. You just have to be patient.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Ixeon659
Latvia

Post by Ixeon659 » Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:29 pm

don't know why sometimes it takes so long. For me it took just two months although I had some convictions

rokibalboa
Newly Registered
Slovenia

Post by rokibalboa » Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:09 pm

I have a feeling, they just put me into a pile and forgot about me. They probably have some piles where you have to provide additional documents, and it's not going FIFO(first in first out) but just LIFO(last in first out). So I've sent an email to PM on Wednesday, and I hopefully get any reply from MP next week (at least that they will help).

Can I actually email directly to home office on nationalityfurtherinformationrequests(AT)homeoffice.gov.uk and raise my concern?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:20 pm

rokibalboa wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:09 pm
I have a feeling, they just put me into a pile and forgot about me. They probably have some piles where you have to provide additional documents, and it's not going FIFO(first in first out) but just LIFO(last in first out). So I've sent an email to PM on Wednesday, and I hopefully get any reply from MP next week (at least that they will help).

Can I actually email directly to home office on nationalityfurtherinformationrequests(AT)homeoffice.gov.uk and raise my concern?
There's nothing stopping you from contacting the Home Office on that or other email addresses (british-citizenship/nationality-enquire ... l#p2093594)
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

rokibalboa
Newly Registered
Slovenia

Missed Ceremony due to email lost

Post by rokibalboa » Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:58 pm

Anyone missed their ceremony, and what was to procedure to get re-invited ? How long does it take for re-invite? I've written to home office and they told me it may take some time, as now additional checks are required. I didn't get any letter from them to my address, and due to tons of email I get daily I somehow missed their email as it didn't find anything under "ukvi" in search.

secret.simon

Re: Missed Ceremony due to email lost

Post by secret.simon » Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:06 pm

How much time has elapsed since you were sent the email?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

rokibalboa
Newly Registered
Slovenia

Post by rokibalboa » Wed Jun 28, 2023 4:23 pm

6 months and 19 days, so too late to book

Ixeon659
Latvia

Post by Ixeon659 » Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:32 pm

Wait a second, so you were waiting for decision for so long but you actually got approved quickly and you simply missed that email from HO with approval 6 months ago? They didn't try to contact you again?