ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Canadian, in laws would like to migrate to UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kalven
United Kingdom

Canadian, in laws would like to migrate to UK

Post by kalven » Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:52 am

Hello

I am holding British passport and My wife is a Canadian and is holding ILR. Her parents or my in-laws (Canadian nationals for 20+ years) working at Toronto Airport, would like to migrate to UK and work as well.
is there any means available for them as a Canadian passport holders? YMS tier-5 visa has the age limitation on it, is there any other exclusive category for elders please?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Canadian, in laws would like to migrate to UK

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:56 am

They would have to find a visa they qualify for, such as a Skilled Worker visa if they can get a sponsor and job meeting the requirements.

There is no such thing as "exclusive category for elders" type visa .

How old are they?

What work do they do exactly?

Do either of them have a UK born grandparent?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kalven
United Kingdom

Post by kalven » Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:02 pm

Thank you for the response. it is very helpful.

How old are they?
- 57 and 61.

- The are floor supervisor both (non- office based/ non-technical). Not sure if they would qualify for skilled worker visa.

- No, they don't.

Any suggestions would be helpful. I was curious to know if they have any privileges like Europeans had before. Many Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:23 pm

How old are they?
- 57 and 61.
They will struggle to get a sponsor for a skilled worker visa.
- The are floor supervisor both (non- office based/ non-technical). Not sure if they would qualify for skilled worker visa.
Don't think so.
- No, they don't.
Ok.
Any suggestions would be helpful. I was curious to know if they have any privileges like Europeans had before.
No, never had been anything like this for other countries. They need a visa to live and work in the UK. EU countries before Brexit was a completely different thing.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kalven
United Kingdom

Post by kalven » Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:58 am

Ok Thank you for the response. The chances are quite lean I understand. is there any suggestions or recommendation any one could provide? would be helpful to head towards that direction.

Many Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:48 am

kalven wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:58 am
Ok Thank you for the response. The chances are quite lean I understand. is there any suggestions or recommendation any one could provide? would be helpful to head towards that direction.

Many Thanks
Not an expert in migrant visas, however UK immigration rules don't offer much in the way for older people - there is ADR = Adult Dependent Relatives visa, which is almost impossible to get. And wouldn't apply to your in laws anyway. UK policy is definitely stacked against chain migration and of course free movement of people, that's why we are no longer in the EU. I think there are no other routes which are not listed on the Home Office web pages, as far as I know.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.