ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation - 8 months and counting

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Moeril
Newly Registered
Russia

Naturalisation - 8 months and counting

Post by Moeril » Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:01 pm

Hello everyone, I have submitted my application on 06/10/2022 and I have been waiting and waiting. I've had indefinite leave to remain since 2012. I've lived in this country since I was 15 years old. I have 0 criminal records, did my degree in uk and all my family is here. You'd think my application would be a pretty straightforward one.
6 months goes by and I get the dreaded "your application raises exceptionally complex issues" email. Emailed further national enquiries, got told that external agencies are still running their enquires.
8 months, got my MP involved. My MP got the same response from home office as I did. "Your application is still being investigated.
Filed a complaint - same response.
I have depression and anxiety which are getting worse and worse the longer I wait. I honestly don't know how to cope anymore and I can't help but feel rejected by this country, after spending half of my life here.
Is there anything else I can try to do?

meself2
Ireland

Re: Naturalisation - 8 months and counting

Post by meself2 » Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:35 am

Even though I know naturalization isn't mandatory, what deterred you from applying sooner after ILR? Russia allows dual citizenship.

They could possibly be running checks dating way back. Have you requested SAR?
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Moeril
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Moeril » Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:53 pm

My family couldn't afford for me to apply for citizenship and as I can't work due to my health it took a while to save enough to apply :cry:
I have requested SAR but there wasn't much information it beyond like my application itself plus past visas i had. There was 1 single note about no bels needed which idk what it meant.

Moeril
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Moeril » Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:35 pm

Moeril wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:53 pm
I have requested SAR but there wasn't much information it beyond like my application itself plus past visas i had. There was 1 single note about no bels needed which idk what it meant.
I had another look and there also appears to have been no tasks assigned to my application until 28/02/2023

Moeril
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Moeril » Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:46 am

Still waiting and it's going to be nearly 10 months... I really don't understand why their enquiries are taking this long in my case. This is making me feel pretty hopeless to the extent where I'm struggling to sleep every night 🥲

umer.shahzad1
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by umer.shahzad1 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:46 am

Hi ,

you can send an email to Homeoffice for further update or you can send an Email to your local MP 3rd option you have apply for SAR and see where your application is stuck i am waiting since last 6 months no reply from Home office they are processing very small number of applications

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:07 pm

Moeril wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:46 am
Still waiting and it's going to be nearly 10 months... I really don't understand why their enquiries are taking this long in my case. This is making me feel pretty hopeless to the extent where I'm struggling to sleep every night 🥲
Unfortunately, it takes as long as it takes.

You've lived over 10 years without applying, and you've lived OK. Why are you letting the 10 months wait get to you.

Continue to live your life as usual.

I know it's easier said than done, but that would surely calm your nerves.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

This Mantra does magic.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Mhunited
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Mhunited » Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:36 pm

Hi everyone
I am in same boat next week will b one year I applied in September 2022.aftrr 6months received mail from case worker that my application not strfrwd will take more than 6 months.
I emailed MP and frrhnatlty they replied same thing in all past 5 email third party checks not completed.
I went for sar 3july no reply yet.
Tired now

Moeril
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Moeril » Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:09 pm

Ticktack wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:07 pm
Unfortunately, it takes as long as it takes.

You've lived over 10 years without applying, and you've lived OK. Why are you letting the 10 months wait get to you.

Continue to live your life as usual.
Well, first reason is I have depression with anxiety mixed in. Second reason is I was born in russia and the whole situation with Ukraine war makes me feel unsafe and I would prefer to relinquish my citizenship. Third reason is my boyfriend lives in Denmark and I cannot get a visa there due to sanctions.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu Aug 31, 2023 9:03 am

Moeril wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:09 pm
my boyfriend lives in Denmark and I cannot get a visa there due to sanctions.
Not sure why you think so - you can. I know a number of Russians in Ireland who got a visa to Finland, for example.
Also, Denmark is in Schengen.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Moeril
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Moeril » Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:41 pm

meself2 wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 9:03 am
Moeril wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:09 pm
my boyfriend lives in Denmark and I cannot get a visa there due to sanctions.
Not sure why you think so - you can. I know a number of Russians in Ireland who got a visa to Finland, for example.
Also, Denmark is in Schengen.
I have tried back in october as well and I waited until February for the visa but ended up cancelling my application at the end of February as I needed my passport back. Russia is currently in category 5 for denmark and their website said that basically I'm not getting in unless I have extenuating circumstances like terminal illness of a family member.

Moeril
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Moeril » Wed Sep 20, 2023 6:48 pm

I have an update:
After filing my most recent complaint I got an email that there was a technical difficulty preventing my application from progressing that they just now picked up and are fixing it. So fingers crossed I won't have to wait over a year. Hopefully.

youcef410428
Algeria

Post by youcef410428 » Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:26 pm

Hello

I'm as well waiting since December 2022, please may I ask how did you made the complaint? Is it only email to ho?

Thanks in advance

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:11 am

youcef410428 wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:26 pm
Hello

I'm as well waiting since December 2022, please may I ask how did you made the complaint? Is it only email to ho?

Thanks in advance
https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... -procedure