ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First passport of the baby

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mmt
Newly Registered
Turkey

First passport of the baby

Post by mmt » Mon Jul 03, 2023 2:29 pm

Hi,

Probably this was asked before, I am sorry if that is the case.

My baby's MN1 application is in progress and we are waiting for the decision. My wife needs to visit her home country for health reasons and planning to take the baby with her. I will stay in the UK during this period and was planning to apply for a passport for the baby within the UK.

Does the baby need to be in the UK for the passport application? Or can I apply for him and handle the process in the UK all by myself as the guardian parent while he is abroad?

Thanks

vic_msn
Australia

Re: First passport of the baby

Post by vic_msn » Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:07 pm

how can the child travel without a passport?
you need to wait for the passport to arrive before the child can leave the country.

CosmosS
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by CosmosS » Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:26 am

mmt wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 2:29 pm
Hi,

Probably this was asked before, I am sorry if that is the case.

My baby's MN1 application is in progress and we are waiting for the decision. My wife needs to visit her home country for health reasons and planning to take the baby with her. I will stay in the UK during this period and was planning to apply for a passport for the baby within the UK.

Does the baby need to be in the UK for the passport application? Or can I apply for him and handle the process in the UK all by myself as the guardian parent while he is abroad?

Thanks
I think the difficulty lies with the fact that they would want to see his current non UK passport at the appointment. They do this to ensure name and DoB details match with the details you're supplying for his British passport. You can give it a try with a photocopy of it though if you want to and explain the situation that they're away with the passport. Not sure they would accept though but no harm in trying if you don't mind the cost. Maybe other users have been through a similar experience and can share.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:59 am

Not sure if the HMPO would even process the new British Passport if all other passport(s) aren't submitted.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!