ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of previous income

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jjloubser
Newly Registered

Proof of previous income

Post by jjloubser » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:03 pm

I am from South Africa & seem to qualify for the Tier 1 on previous earnings & degree. I actually have 2 questions:

I see that previous earnings is calculated as gross earnings - before tax. In South Africa our tax is subtracted by the employer, so the monies paid into our bank accounts is actually the net salary. Would I then need to produce 12 months of payslips?

Also - which date do they use to calculate the relevant exchange rate?

harakiri

Post by harakiri » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:20 pm

You should take a count of your gross salary stated on the last 12 months' payslips and convert the total amount you get into British Pounds by taking the exchange rate prevailing on the last day of your period of claim.

Ready guidance notes thoroughly before applying.

harneet691

Post by harneet691 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:59 pm

Your gross salary will in any case add up to ur points accumulated in the PBS. Get salary slips of last 12 months and also 12 months bank statements to cross verify the net salary credited.