ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

uk spouse visa accommodation help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sousa5345
Newly Registered
England

uk spouse visa accommodation help

Post by sousa5345 » Thu Jul 06, 2023 7:50 pm

hi
I'm trying to apply for a spouse visa for my wife using cash savings. I have problems with accommodation.

I've been staying in a 2 bedroom flat since 2006 with my parents but my parents moved out in 2019 due to my dads health problems.
My dad asked the housing association if they could transfer the tenancy to me, they had agreed.
Once they moved out, I had emailed them regarding a new tenancy agreement. They had said that I was added to tenancy but when I asked for new tenancy they went back on their word and said that I was added to the household member list even though I was a household member from 2006.
I was given notice to move out in January 2022. They had given me 1 month to move out.
Once my solicitor sent them documents showing their emails that I have been added to tenancy, they have not proceeded any further .

When applying for a spouse visa how can i prove accommodation. I read on forums that a letter from the housing association is needed, which is impossible in my situation.

My solicitor suggested that I get a housing report done and provide utility bills.

Someone else suggested that I should get a letter from friends or family that me and my spouse and kids can stay at their place.
Once the visa is approved I can just stay at my housing association flat.

I have 2 kids with my wife, my kids are British by descent.

Please help me with the best course of action.

Thanks

Surj82
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: uk spouse visa accommodation help

Post by Surj82 » Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:51 pm

The property should meet the requirements of the Housing Act 1985 and public health regulations. The property should not be overcrowded and will comfortably accommodate all of you. Please consult an immigration solicitor if you are not sure about it.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:48 pm

sousa5345 wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 7:50 pm
hi
I'm trying to apply for a spouse visa for my wife using cash savings. I have problems with accommodation.

I've been staying in a 2 bedroom flat since 2006 with my parents but my parents moved out in 2019 due to my dads health problems.
My dad asked the housing association if they could transfer the tenancy to me, they had agreed.
Once they moved out, I had emailed them regarding a new tenancy agreement. They had said that I was added to tenancy but when I asked for new tenancy they went back on their word and said that I was added to the household member list even though I was a household member from 2006.
I was given notice to move out in January 2022. They had given me 1 month to move out.
Once my solicitor sent them documents showing their emails that I have been added to tenancy, they have not proceeded any further .

When applying for a spouse visa how can i prove accommodation. I read on forums that a letter from the housing association is needed, which is impossible in my situation.

My solicitor suggested that I get a housing report done and provide utility bills.

Someone else suggested that I should get a letter from friends or family that me and my spouse and kids can stay at their place.
Once the visa is approved I can just stay at my housing association flat.

I have 2 kids with my wife, my kids are British by descent.

Please help me with the best course of action.

Thanks
Although your solicitor has suggested you avoid any issues with the housing association by simply getting an independent housing report, in my honest opinion I don't believe this will solve your problem. When submitting the spouse visa application included in the documented evidence you will be required to provide written confirmation from the housing association that your wife has their permission to live with you in the property. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

sousa5345
Newly Registered
England

Post by sousa5345 » Fri Jul 07, 2023 3:11 pm

In the tenancy agreement it says that we need permission for sub-letting or for lodgers.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Jul 07, 2023 4:34 pm

sousa5345 wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2023 3:11 pm
In the tenancy agreement it says that we need permission for sub-letting or for lodgers.
Exactly my point. The HO Case Worker will want to see a copy of the housing association's permission,
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.