ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Standard visa requirements for visitor visit for mother

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

NV319
United Kingdom

Standard visa requirements for visitor visit for mother

Post by NV319 » Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:39 pm

I wanted to enquire about UK standard visitors visa for my mother. She has previously had UK visitors visas for 1 year and 2yrs. She also had Canadian and Schengen visitor visas which are all now expired. She has never overstayed her visas ever. Her circumstances have changed now. She now lives in Iran, and is widowed. She has a flat under her name in Iran where she resides. She has savings of around £5000 which she has in the bank under her name. She does not work, her source of income is the interest that she gets from her savings around £50 per month. I live in the UK, have EU settled status and work full time in the NHS. If this is the situation, can I invite her to come and visit me in the UK for 2-3 weeks, however, I would like to apply for her to have the 5yrs multiple entry visitor visa. I will be covering all the trip costs along with food and accommodation. Is there a ground for refusal in her case? What sort of evidence should she show to prove ties back home, what documents? She has her flat and her savings that gives her interest per month which is her source of income.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Standard visa requirements for visitor visit for mother

Post by Ticktack » Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:06 am

NV319 wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:39 pm
I wanted to enquire about UK standard visitors visa for my mother. She has previously had UK visitors visas for 1 year and 2yrs. She also had Canadian and Schengen visitor visas which are all now expired. She has never overstayed her visas ever. Her circumstances have changed now. She now lives in Iran, and is widowed. She has a flat under her name in Iran where she resides. She has savings of around £5000 which she has in the bank under her name. She does not work, her source of income is the interest that she gets from her savings around £50 per month. I live in the UK, have EU settled status and work full time in the NHS. If this is the situation, can I invite her to come and visit me in the UK for 2-3 weeks, however, I would like to apply for her to have the 5yrs multiple entry visitor visa. I will be covering all the trip costs along with food and accommodation. Is there a ground for refusal in her case? What sort of evidence should she show to prove ties back home, what documents? She has her flat and her savings that gives her interest per month which is her source of income.
How long ago did she come to the UK last?
She has a low visa refusal percentage IMHO. Her travel experience would work in her favour, particularly her previous UK travel (hopefully not 10 years ago).

Attach your 6 months statement of accounts with 6 months payslips. mention that you would be fully sponsoring her. Add your utility bill.
Use her documents that you've used in her previous granted visas.
Money she would be personally spending in the UK should be like £50-£100 (don't try and exaggerate). This is in line with her current financial condition.
Photocopy/scan all previous visas of other countries and attach to the application.
She should also attach her statement of account regardless of yours.

You can apply for the 5 years visa, maybe 10 years if you're up for a gamble. The difference in prices aren't that much. So 10 years is always a supersaver.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

NV319
United Kingdom

Post by NV319 » Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:38 pm

She last came to the UK in 2017.

She was last in Canada in January 2022. But her Canadian visit visa is now expired.

Thank you so much for your assistance and guidance.

hanging sward
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by hanging sward » Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:14 pm

Thanks very much for the information
One more question if sponsors is on universal credit could he or she still sponsor or show their accounts if they are self employed?
Thanks
I burn my existence to satisfy their soul.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:47 pm

hanging sward wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:14 pm
Thanks very much for the information
One more question if sponsors is on universal credit could he or she still sponsor or show their accounts if they are self employed?
Thanks
Post your questions in your own existing topic you have instead of hijacking another members topic. It is considered rude, unfair and just creates confusion.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.