ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in the UK requirement - no certificate number

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sergeyp
Newly Registered

Life in the UK requirement - no certificate number

Post by sergeyp » Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:33 pm

Hi,

I did my Settlement (ILR) back in 2015 and now would to apply for the British Citizenship via naturalisation. (I know I should've done it years ago).
I did pass the Life in the UK test back then for the Settlement application and submitted the certificate as as a part of it. However now I found that the form I'm filling on the gov.uk website for the naturalisation application is asking about Life in the UK certificate number which I don't actually have.
I called their helpline and was told I need to provide the number.

Do you know if it is possible somehow find it out?
I thought about asking the test centre if they keep any records, but looks like UK E Testing Services doesn't exist anymore.

Do I have any other options now other than doing the test again?

meself2
Ireland

Re: Life in the UK requirement - no certificate number

Post by meself2 » Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:19 am

sergeyp wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:33 pm
I called their helpline and was told I need to provide the number.
Which helpline?
UKVI helpline is outsourced and may not give the best advice.

See post2120715.html#p2120715 for similar situation, maybe?
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

imbik
Mood:
Turkey

Re: Life in the UK requirement - no certificate number

Post by imbik » Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:57 pm

On this website,

https://www.gov.uk/life-in-the-uk-test/ ... e%20number.

it says; if you took your test before 17 December 2019, you’ll have a letter with a ‘test reference ID’ instead of a unique reference number. If you have lost your letter, send a letter explaining that you have lost it with your citizenship or settlement application.

I do not know if this helps
I love science