ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1(General) appeal won , whats next ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tier1_appeal
Newly Registered

Tier 1(General) appeal won , whats next ?

Post by tier1_appeal » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:04 am

Dear All,

I have gone through a long process of Tier1(general) application and my application got refused. I lodged an appeal and appeared into a court hearing and by the grace of GOD appeal was allowed. My court hearing was on 31st october 2008 and the decission was dated 11th November 2008.
I was very happy to see my appeal getting successful. But the new problem is that I dont know whats going to be new phase. I was told by my lawyer that home office will get in touch with me asking me to send them my passport for the VISA stamping but I have waited for almost 1.5 months now for that moment to come.
I phoned up the home office and they were not helpful at all. All the lady on the phone suggested to me was to write a letter to the person who took the decission on the application initially. So I wrote a letter to the case worker explaining to him that my appeal has been allowed and what do I need to do. It has been almost 3 weeks now and I haven't heard from the home office as yet.
I dont know what do now. I have no idea what to do next.
I will be very thankful to all of you to please suggest to me what my options are and how long do I have to wait more for some desparate steps to be taken like going to local MP or something. I thank all of you already for taking your time to read through this post.

Thanks very much.

Laraib

Post by Laraib » Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:01 am

Dear tier1_appeal

The same problem is faced by me. My decision date is 31st October 2008 and court determination send to me. than I email AIT and they confirmed the successful appeal and wrote that I will be contacted by my embassy within 6 weeks but uptill now 8 weeks have been passed but of no use now I have told my consultant to fax them let see what happen. But I have been told that it will take 12 to 14 weeks to be contacted by BHC for submission of passport after the decision . Lets hope for the best. in fact I am from Pakistan.
please share if you have any information
Thanks

tier1_appeal
Newly Registered

Post by tier1_appeal » Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:48 pm

Sure Laraib,,,
I will keep you up to date as to what happens next . I am in the UK and that should have been a bit of an advantage but none so far ...
Your decission is a bit earlier than mine.

Wish both of us luck ...

please send us updates if you get any ..

THANKS

tmwc1216
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1(General) appeal won , whats next ?

Post by tmwc1216 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:50 am

I have the same problem as well and still waiting at moment....(in county case as well)
tier1_appeal wrote:Dear All,

I have gone through a long process of Tier1(general) application and my application got refused. I lodged an appeal and appeared into a court hearing and by the grace of GOD appeal was allowed. My court hearing was on 31st october 2008 and the decission was dated 11th November 2008.
I was very happy to see my appeal getting successful. But the new problem is that I dont know whats going to be new phase. I was told by my lawyer that home office will get in touch with me asking me to send them my passport for the VISA stamping but I have waited for almost 1.5 months now for that moment to come.
I phoned up the home office and they were not helpful at all. All the lady on the phone suggested to me was to write a letter to the person who took the decission on the application initially. So I wrote a letter to the case worker explaining to him that my appeal has been allowed and what do I need to do. It has been almost 3 weeks now and I haven't heard from the home office as yet.
I dont know what do now. I have no idea what to do next.
I will be very thankful to all of you to please suggest to me what my options are and how long do I have to wait more for some desparate steps to be taken like going to local MP or something. I thank all of you already for taking your time to read through this post.

Thanks very much.

tier1_appeal
Newly Registered

Post by tier1_appeal » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:39 am

I can imagine it (tmwc1216)..... how it feels like watiting for this response ... I just wasted my holidays by spending them here because I had to wait for my passport to get stamped... its unfair .. Firstly to see your application getting refused unfairly and secondely this big wait just for the passport to get stamped ...

Can you please give me your dates for hearing and decission etc ?? your hearing date and decission date etc ??

Thanks

tmwc1216
Newly Registered

Post by tmwc1216 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:02 pm

tier1_appeal wrote:I can imagine it (tmwc1216)..... how it feels like watiting for this response ... I just wasted my holidays by spending them here because I had to wait for my passport to get stamped... its unfair .. Firstly to see your application getting refused unfairly and secondely this big wait just for the passport to get stamped ...

Can you please give me your dates for hearing and decission etc ?? your hearing date and decission date etc ??

Thanks
sorry for reply this late, mate...
my hearing in on 3 Nov2008 and decission is 17 Nov 2008.
Yah, it is unfire for wht you been mention but just can't give it up as already won the appeal....
I phone them(AIT and HO) everyweek but they just only respound ...wait........

mohan76

Post by mohan76 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:45 am

Hi Everybody,
Wishing you all a very happy new year.

I am also from the same category of getting successful appeal in 1st week of nov 08. After reading all of yours posing, let me confirm you guys that nothing to worry about once appeal has been allowed.

they are taking so much time since it was christmas & new year time and large no of staffs go on leave...so everything becomes slow.

i was following it up weekly once with BHC - Chennai and asking them what's next. they took exactly 1 and half month to send a letter asking for submission of passport via VFS.

what they generally do is, the ECO reviews the decision again just to learn what mistakes were done earlier and then he arranges to send the letter for submitting the passport. nothing to worry.

mohan

Laraib

Post by Laraib » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:24 am

Hi Mohan

Congrats to you/ One question I am thinking Is the ECO do verification again as they do first time? What type of verification they do if you have any idea can you share it.

mohan76

Post by mohan76 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:40 am

As far as i have understood from my discussion with Visa Department Staff of chennai - ECO again checks on what basis the appeal has been allowed and what mistakes were done intially. ECO just goes through the determination explanation and verfies the same with the file. If he is satisfied he just allows.

If he finds something wrong in the determination, then he can appeal again BUT within 10 days after receiving the determination.

So, first we should try and find from visa staff that no appeal has been made again against the appeal allowed by tactfully talking to him over phone. If nothing in 10 days, then all fine.......just calls for little more patience and wait for letter.

mohan

tier1_appeal
Newly Registered

Post by tier1_appeal » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:46 am

hi mohan,

Any idea how long does it take for the passport to get stamped after send it acoross to home office ?

mohan76

Post by mohan76 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:41 pm

Hi,
no idea on how long does BHC take for stamping........i have submitted my passport today and as per VFS, i have to collect it back from VFS only and as per VFS staff, he will call me within a week time he said.

i will keep updating.

mohan

laeeq38
Newly Registered

Hi everyone

Post by laeeq38 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:03 pm

I am in worse position like you guys.
My appeal was allowed on 16th Oct, 2008 and I am still waiting to hear anything from Home Office. No advantage of being in London.
I tried all the remedies that you guys tried but no luck...Always one answer...WAIT...
Some people have suggested me to see the local MP and that I would do soon.
One of my friend received his calling-in letter exactly after 3 and half months but In my case, it has already been 4 and half months.
I think due to the bad economic conditions there is pressure on home office to give their own citizens any jobs so Home office wants to frustrate us by using delay tactics so that we leave by ourself.