ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Submit passport application after ceremony and leave uk

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ukakeg
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Submit passport application after ceremony and leave uk

Post by Ukakeg » Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:49 am

Hi everyone,

Given someone got his naturalisation application approved and attended citizenship ceremony. I am aware that ILR BRP would no longer be valid, and must be returned to HO within 5 days. If they have to travel outside the UK, can they submit first passport application and once approved and received, a family member send it to them abroad via DHL?

Thanks

meself2
Ireland

Re: Submit passport application after ceremony and leave uk

Post by meself2 » Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:17 am

They would have to submit their current valid passports with their British passport application. How would they leave the country?
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Ukakeg
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Ukakeg » Wed Jul 12, 2023 6:28 pm

I didn't know about submitting current valid passport. I thought it's a photocopy as in naturalisation application. Thanks a lot for the clarification.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:19 pm

Ukakeg wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 6:28 pm
I didn't know about submitting current valid passport. I thought it's a photocopy as in naturalisation application. Thanks a lot for the clarification.
Passport application is a different kettle of fish. All current or expired passports have to be submitted. Original naturalisation certs has to be submitted too.
You can't travel or make any travel plans till its received.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Ixeon659
Latvia

Post by Ixeon659 » Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:06 am

That's an issue. You can travel after the ceremony (unless your old nationality requires a visa to the UK) but after applying for a new passport your passport/s and certificate must be sent to HMPO, so it is physically not possible to travel without documents. Waiting times for me last month was around 2 weeks, so better apply and get the passport