ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question regarding employment when filling eutr form

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Pitx
Newly Registered
France

Question regarding employment when filling eutr form

Post by Pitx » Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:20 pm

Hi everybody,

I have a question regarding the employment details of the European citizen on the EUTR form.
I have been working in Ireland on a short term contract for a year and my next contract will be open ended. I this information has been confirmed by HR which has also supplied me with an official letter confirming the information.
I will sign my new permanent contract on the 15th of August 2023.

My wife has arrived from Brazil a week ago and we wanted to submit the EUTR1 from as soon as possible so she could hopefully get her temp stamp 4 quickly.

My question is thus related to the annex A and B of the form. I can either tick the box for a permanent or temporary contract, without space for justification. Should I tick temporary, as I can today only submit a copy of my temporary contract, or is the letter from my employer enough to justify ticking the permanent box? Alternatively, should we wait for me to sign my new contract?

Thank you very much for you help.

AlmostIrish_111
Ireland

Re: Question regarding employment when filling eutr form

Post by AlmostIrish_111 » Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:13 pm

I am not a solicitor... The advise I got from my solicitor on a similar case was to put down the details as they are at the moment, because you are signing a document saying that to the best of your knowledge this is the situation at the time of signing.

So it is best to put down as temporary, write a letter explaining the whole situation, telling the story, and add in the envelope with the evidence of what you are saying.

Immigration officer are decent people and they understand. We might not like the legal decisions they make some times, but that is their job.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:44 pm

As suggested above, you should put down the details of your current situation, not your future situation. It doesn’t really matter that much for EUTR applications anyway.

Pitx
Newly Registered
France

Post by Pitx » Thu Jul 13, 2023 2:49 pm

Perfect, I will fill it that way then.
Thank you very much for your help :D