ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Living in ireland while working remotely for a german company

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Miranda0412
Mood:
Ireland

Living in ireland while working remotely for a german company

Post by Miranda0412 » Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:59 am

Hi all,

My family and I are living in Germany since last year, we lived previously in Dublin for 7 years. I hold a irish passport and my daughter(17y.o.) is my non-EU dependent. She is not enjoying living in germany because of the language barrier and she is also finding the school more difficult. She wants to go back to Ireland and I support her decision, I just wouldn't like to quit my current job.
I am a sofftware engineer and my current company would allow me to work remotely, I am wondering if I could live in Ireland while working for my current employer in germany. Does anybody knows if that is possible? (Of course I would declare my taxes in both countries)

I need to apply for my daughter's residence permit, I am wondering if a letter from my current employer and my current payslips would be accepted.

The other option we were checking is an irish boarding school but she may need a student visa. If we lived together in Ireland during the 3 months of summer holidays and 1 in winter, would that count for the EU dependent visa?

Any other ideas are appreciated, I could even work for an irish employer on the weekends (some voluntering could be nice), if that is accepted.

Thanks so much!

meself2
Ireland

Re: Living in ireland while working remotely for a german company

Post by meself2 » Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:05 am

Miranda0412 wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:59 am
we lived previously in Dublin for 7 years. I hold a irish passport and my daughter(17y.o.) is my non-EU dependent.
What deferred her from naturalizing as a minor then? 5 years is all you need.
Miranda0412 wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:59 am
I am wondering if I could live in Ireland while working for my current employer in germany. Does anybody knows if that is possible? (Of course I would declare my taxes in both countries)
How would that be organized?
Does your company has a branch in Ireland they could transfer you to?

How did you get your Irish citizenship?

You should just be able to apply for your daughter's visa, assuming your income is above the threshold for last 3 years, see https://www.irishimmigration.ie/coming- ... mily-visa/ .
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.