ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor Visa - Sponsor Question

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

simpleoptimist
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Visitor Visa - Sponsor Question

Post by simpleoptimist » Sun Jul 16, 2023 11:40 pm

Hello, we are looking into submitting a visitor visa application for my MIL but I'm concerned about whether I can act as sponsor as I've already completed my husband's spouse visa FLR(M) late last year as his sponsor. I was talking to someone and they said that I may not be able to sponsor both at the same time, so before putting in the application I thought I'd check.

Would anyone know if it's possible?

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Re: Visitor Visa - Sponsor Question

Post by Londoner007 » Sun Jul 16, 2023 11:50 pm

It is possible. I have personally recently seen an sponsorship for visit visa which was granted for 6 months stay whilst they were supporting an FLR(M) too.

Others can forward their inputs too.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:50 am

There is no sponsorship concept when it comes to visit visas. Support? Yes.

There is nothing stopping you supporting MIL application.

simpleoptimist
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by simpleoptimist » Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:28 pm

Hello all,

Application for MIL was approved but I wanted to check something. The letter that was sent by me as Support for her visa indicated that she'd be staying for a month but my hubby is now saying that they're looking at potentially 4 months. Obviously I'm very worried that the HO will look at the huge difference in time stayed and this could impact future applications, but my hubby doesn't share my worry. As far as he sees it, the visa granted is for 6 months so it should be ok. Am I right in being worried?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:10 am

simpleoptimist wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:28 pm
Hello all,

Application for MIL was approved but I wanted to check something. The letter that was sent by me as Support for her visa indicated that she'd be staying for a month but my hubby is now saying that they're looking at potentially 4 months. Obviously I'm very worried that the HO will look at the huge difference in time stayed and this could impact future applications, but my hubby doesn't share my worry. As far as he sees it, the visa granted is for 6 months so it should be ok. Am I right in being worried?
Only read of instance where it became an issue for other future applications. So in most instances it will be ok.