ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First refusal - grant of visa the second time round

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

D1mitry

First refusal - grant of visa the second time round

Post by D1mitry » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:31 pm

Hi guys!

I am new to the forum but have been reading it rather frequently in recent weeks. I am not unique in attending and graduating from the University in UK with MSc in Management only a few weeks back. I have applied for the PSW at the end of November in Dublin, have been refused and had to re-apply again. Thanks God I have been successful the second time round.

Essentially, my experience may be helpful to some fellow applicants in that I have applied before the actual graduation date. In order to do so, I had to attach a letter from university confirming that I am eligible to graduate and will do so. I have drafted the letter, which was however, was judged to be insufficient by the EC officer. I would have that overturned by the review - don’t forget that PSW from abroad does not entitle you to avail of the Immigration Appeal (???!) Authority, which is based in the UK. However, my stupidity was to miss the 7 day requirement for the bank statement (WHICH HAS NOW BEEN REPLACED BY THE 30 DAYS) completely and submitting October bank statement. Silly billy, off 250 quid (the price of the PSW application in Dublin). Thus, I had to file a new application.

You guys who find themselves in this situation should be aware that a new application, despite being looked at and considered perhaps only 2 weeks ago will have to be a complete one. Do not make reference to the "previously submitted evidence" - this will have to be attached and properly referenced. Cover letters, copies, property rights (if applicable) - all this is to make ECO life easier, who may in turn make yours simpler too by actually granting the visa/extension. One positive thing was a rapid turnaround time - less than 4 working days. The time tracker for the application (s) is as follow:

22/11 - initial application
28/11 - refusal

12/12 - graduation (thus, a degree certificate + ORIGINAL LETTER from the university - see guidelines)

21/12 - new application
29/12 - visa granted
30/12 - visa arrived by registered post.

I am clearly delighted but have learned the lesson of thorough attention to details by paying extra 250, travel expenses, 2 days off work for submitting biometrics, etc. I have been good in the past, but clearly developed a "star rush" by getting my MSc and assuming to be knowing-it-all)))).

I hope this is of any help and feel free to drop some questions. BTW, I have applied using my Russian passport.

Dimitry

elfgirl
Newly Registered

Post by elfgirl » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:38 pm

Hello!
Thank you so much for your timeline. My visa expires 31 Jan and I won't be able to post it until this week. I have been worried sick about possibly not being able to work until I receive my approval. hopefully I'll have a turnaround as smoothe as yours.

I have an american passport and an MA from a British Uni.

email257525
BANNED

Hi,

Post by email257525 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:01 am

Dear,,,

Thank you very much for your post,,,