ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Standard Visitor Visa - first time

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zoyya khan
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Standard Visitor Visa - first time

Post by zoyya khan » Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:48 pm

Hi,

I am planning to apply the standard UK visitor visa for my mom & sister from India (Bangalore) . As I am doing this first time (panic! Stress!) , I have a few queries if anyone could be kind & patient enough to help and advise me, please ! Thank you in advance and sorry for such a long post :)

1) Application & cover letter - Do I need to make separate applications for both of them ? If yes, assuming I would need to write two cover letters for each of them - will it be okay that I mention in each of the cover letter that she will be travelling with other & vice versa ? This is because my sister needs to/will be accompying my mother (>60 yrs) for smoother journey ? so very important that my sister gets the visa. Any suggestions on what I can write in the cover letters so that the officer knows that they will travelling together ?

2) Invitation letter - I should be addressing this to to my mother & sister , right? Should I keep this short as much as possible or can I explain what they will be doing during the visit ?

3) Home country links - I will be using property registers / fixed deposits of them to support this. will this be enough ? They do have family (not immediate) back home , should I add the details too?

4) Funds - I will be sole and full sponsor of their travel/accomdation etc . (I am employed - full time) But just for an idea, they have rent out their part of property for commercial shops (Sister lives with my mom and single) and all the rents are cash in hand (monthly) and so their saving accounts does not have much cash in them.My mom's pension is also cash in hand too. Will i need to provide their saving accounts details too even though their is not much money in there ? They are planning to ask the commercial shops to put the rents in the bank going forward but I am just worried as so it does not show up as a red flag, the deposits being in latest month only

5) Accomdation - I am currently renting a one bedroom flat but in the process of buying a house (one of the reason for their visit for home warming party & all). Will this be okay or should I have to rent atleast a two bedroom house for them to meet the criteria ?

6) Both of them will be here for atleast 4 months. Will it be okay if I mention this in the intended to stay part or will they think it's lot of time, incase mention 2 months or so ?

I really appreciate all your help!

Route to ILR
Member of Standing

Re: Standard Visitor Visa - first time

Post by Route to ILR » Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:24 am

zoyya khan wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:48 pm
Hi,

I am planning to apply the standard UK visitor visa for my mom & sister from India (Bangalore) . As I am doing this first time (panic! Stress!) , I have a few queries if anyone could be kind & patient enough to help and advise me, please ! Thank you in advance and sorry for such a long post :)

1) Application & cover letter - Do I need to make separate applications for both of them ? If yes, assuming I would need to write two cover letters for each of them - will it be okay that I mention in each of the cover letter that she will be travelling with other & vice versa ? This is because my sister needs to/will be accompying my mother (>60 yrs) for smoother journey ? so very important that my sister gets the visa. Any suggestions on what I can write in the cover letters so that the officer knows that they will travelling together ?

2) Invitation letter - I should be addressing this to to my mother & sister , right? Should I keep this short as much as possible or can I explain what they will be doing during the visit ?

yes u should mention. what they gonna do and places they intend to visit

3) Home country links - I will be using property registers / fixed deposits of them to support this. will this be enough ? They do have family (not immediate) back home , should I add the details too?

Most important part of the application. More important then your sponsorship and funding the whole trip. which is actually make a nagetive impact on there visit visa application. if u r not providing their own bank statement with traceable transactions (Money in and out) source of income.etc etc

4) Funds - I will be sole and full sponsor of their travel/accomdation etc . (I am employed - full time) But just for an idea, they have rent out their part of property for commercial shops (Sister lives with my mom and single) and all the rents are cash in hand (monthly) and so their saving accounts does not have much cash in them.My mom's pension is also cash in hand too. Will i need to provide their saving accounts details too even though their is not much money in there ? They are planning to ask the commercial shops to put the rents in the bank going forward but I am just worried as so it does not show up as a red flag, the deposits being in latest month only

should be last 6 months rent deposit in bank account . wait for 6 months. dont rush. Better to wait than taint the passport with refusal. U know how things work here your credit history,bank statement, your tax returns shows your financial worth.

5) Accomdation - I am currently renting a one bedroom flat but in the process of buying a house (one of the reason for their visit for home warming party & all). Will this be okay or should I have to rent atleast a two bedroom house for them to meet the criteria ?

U need an adequate accomodation for them. No overcrowded flat. U need an housing inspection report. see your local property and letting agent for this

6) Both of them will be here for atleast 4 months. Will it be okay if I mention this in the intended to stay part or will they think it's lot of time, incase mention 2 months or so ?

4 months visit: Big Red flag and big NO. It means they have nothing back home to return. 4 months visit too excessive.

I really appreciate all your help!