ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can the British Passport be applied online same day as Naturalisation ceremony?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

max7
Mood:
Pakistan

Can the British Passport be applied online same day as Naturalisation ceremony?

Post by max7 » Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:06 pm

Hi,
I wanted to know that can a person apply their British Passport online on the same day as Ceremony or have to wait until next day? From some people I've heard it's better to wait for the next day. However I cannot find any legal guidance on this.
If someone knows or share their own experience, that would be appreciated.

Thanks,

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Can the British Passport be applied online same day as Naturalisation ceremony?

Post by hina_pirzada » Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:15 pm

Hi,

Once you received the certificate you can apply straightaway. I don't understand the reason behind to wait until next day.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Can the British Passport be applied online same day as Naturalisation ceremony?

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:30 pm

There’s no official reason to wait til next day.
Remember the UK doesn’t have a citizens register. You prove citizenship with the certificate.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

max7
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by max7 » Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:40 pm

hina_pirzada wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:15 pm
Hi,

Once you received the certificate you can apply straightaway. I don't understand the reason behind to wait until next day.
Hi,

Thank you for providing the information.

max7
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by max7 » Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:40 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:30 pm
There’s no official reason to wait til next day.
Remember the UK doesn’t have a citizens register. You prove citizenship with the certificate.
Thanks very much.