ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport expiry and implication on family visa duration

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

raththam

Passport expiry and implication on family visa duration

Post by raththam » Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:17 pm

Hi All,

My child's and wife's indian passport expires on March and September 2024 and family visa due on Jan 2024 for both.

When I apply for family visa renewal (extend) for another 2.5 years on Jan 2024 start of the( month )will the passport expiry date will reduce the visa duration or it will be given for 2.5 years and I can renew indian passport on we receive family visa for my child.. need to know the hierarchy so that I dont get the visa only for 2 months instead of 2.5 years..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Passport expiry and implication on family visa duration

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:21 pm

Visa is granted for 2.5 years.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

raththam

Post by raththam » Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:27 pm

Thank you.

777GE90
United Kingdom

Post by 777GE90 » Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:19 pm

Our timelines are very similar, my wifes FLR(M) is due on Jan 24 as well. Her passport expires before ILR.

As a follow up, if she renews her passport after the FLR(M) is granted but before ILR, does she need to do anything special. Since the original passport has the visa sticker for the original entry clearance in it, I suppose she just needs to keep it for records but the visa sticker is not needed anymore?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:32 pm

777GE90 wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:19 pm
Our timelines are very similar, my wifes FLR(M) is due on Jan 24 as well. Her passport expires before ILR.

As a follow up, if she renews her passport after the FLR(M) is granted but before ILR, does she need to do anything special. Since the original passport has the visa sticker for the original entry clearance in it, I suppose she just needs to keep it for records but the visa sticker is not needed anymore?
Kindly ask your questions in your own topic to avoid confusion. It is considered rude to tag onto other members topics.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

777GE90
United Kingdom

Post by 777GE90 » Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:49 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:32 pm
777GE90 wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:19 pm

Kindly ask your questions in your own topic to avoid confusion. It is considered rude to tag onto other members topics.
Sorry I did not mean to do that. That's typically not how discussion forums work so am surprised this is your stance.

But now I understand your rules so will refrain from doing so in the future.