ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bankers Draft Northern Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ambervanwyk
Newly Registered
Ireland

Bankers Draft Northern Ireland

Post by Ambervanwyk » Wed Jul 26, 2023 4:50 pm

Hi All

I am hoping I can get some help regarding the bankers draft. This is my last hurdle then I can send the application off
So we are based in Northern Ireland, I have contacted my bank,hubbys bank and every single other bank I can find. BOI in the north say they cant help me (my aunt has an account with them in the north) Dankse bank say they can do it but I need an acc, all fair and well but they say it can take 2-3 weeks to be able to issue me a draft. So I am stuck. When I googled it, it says on citizensinformation.ie that you don't have to have an account with the bank but that is wrong because every bank I have spoken to says I do. I went to An Post in the south and they said they cant issue bankers drafts as its a complete different thing to a postal order...

Please anyone with any info I would really appreciate it

Thank you so much

chriswickstead
European Union

Re: Bankers Draft Northern Ireland

Post by chriswickstead » Wed Jul 26, 2023 5:43 pm

Hi, if this is for a naturalisation application fee (€175)? I sent them a postal order from An Post with a note that could not get a bankers draft as lived in NI etc. They accepted it but be careful as postal orders expire after 6 months so have your application ready and send as soon as you get the postal order. I delayed ,they took an age to start the application by which time the postal order had expired. They sent the whole application papers back again asking for a new postal order. Putting us back months.Also I believe the actual final €950 fee once application has been approved is done online now.

muzzy
Ireland

Post by muzzy » Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:03 pm

If I remember right ( just in case if not I am sorry)
One of my friends from NI went to donegal open an account from souths BOI. Normally they dont do draft under 500€ but if you r the customer of that branch they do one time because its for citizenship.

Just dont forget to bring a copy of application for branch record.

I hope its helpful.

Ambervanwyk
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Ambervanwyk » Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:47 pm

Thank you both very much!
I wish they could start the €175 online as well, it would help so much!