ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing Visitor Visa Stay Length

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

benjamintrevor
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Changing Visitor Visa Stay Length

Post by benjamintrevor » Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:51 pm

My parents just got their 6 months visa.
When applying, in the cover letter we mentioned that they'll stay 10 days.

But, now I want them to stay like 30-45 days. I read in some places, if you stay more than stated number of days mentioned while applying, it can affect your next visa application.

In next applications, they can reject because you didn't keep your words first time.

Is it legit? Is there any rules/guidelines on that? Can it really happen?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Changing Visitor Visa Stay Length

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:59 pm

benjamintrevor wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:51 pm
My parents just got their 6 months visa.
When applying, in the cover letter we mentioned that they'll stay 10 days.

But, now I want them to stay like 30-45 days. I read in some places, if you stay more than stated number of days mentioned while applying, it can affect your next visa application.

In next applications, they can reject because you didn't keep your words first time.

Is it legit? Is there any rules/guidelines on that? Can it really happen? It has happened and clearly stated as the reason in refusal letter.
It is an unusual reason for refusal and probably far and in-between but it can happen.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Changing Visitor Visa Stay Length

Post by Casa » Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:14 pm

The issue is that the Case Worker will have assessed the visitor visa application on the information given. This would include the funds available for a 10 days stay, which may not be sufficient for a much longer visit.

Future visa applications may come under closer scrutiny as to whether the information in the application is reliable.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.