ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hamakhaa

Spouse visa questions

Post by hamakhaa » Sat Jul 29, 2023 4:10 pm

As I prepare to apply for my wife's visa end of September, I have a few questions.

Could anyone please advise on the below, would really appreciate if anyone can reply, thanks in advance:

1- My wife already passed the IELTS A1 level in December last year. This is the second time we are applying for her visa. The first time when she applied for a visa she came to the UK, and lived for a couple of years but then had to go back, and therefore the visa got expired then. It was the A1 level that she also passed then. Since we are reapplying from scratch, the question is, is an A1 level English language test enough for the application considering it is the second time she is applying?

2- In terms of relationship docs, as evidence we provided the marriage certificate as the main document (along with other docs). The home office website suggests that the document must be not more than 4 years old. Now it's been more than 4 years since we got married, therefore the marriage certificate is old than 4 years. Considering this is that still the valid document to provide? We are also planning to provide other docs like a bank statement showing the same address for both of us, chat, photos, and some of the recent docs from my son's school that has my and my wife's name on them. What other recent documents are valid ones to prove the relationship?

3- My employer usually pays my salary on Friday. This year during easter, the employer was supposed to pay on easter Friday i.e. 7th of April. The amount transferred in the account was on 6th April (probably because BACS transfers don't usually happen on bank holidays) but the payslip says Pay Date as 7th April. The amount is exactly the same but the date is different here. Is this really a discrepancy? If it is then should I get a letter from the employer to explain this? Or covering this difference in the cover letter is enough?

4- Since we apply online and fill in the form there, do we need the VAF2 form to be completed as part of the documents that we are required to upload?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa questions

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:49 pm

hamakhaa wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 4:10 pm
As I prepare to apply for my wife's visa end of September, I have a few questions.

Could anyone please advise on the below, would really appreciate if anyone can reply, thanks in advance:

1- My wife already passed the IELTS A1 level in December last year If done December 2022 it can be used as valid for 2years is the second time we are applying for her visa. The first time when she applied for a visa she came to the UK, and lived for a couple of years but then had to go back, and therefore the visa got expired then. It was the A1 level that she also passed then. Since we are reapplying from scratch, the question is, is an A1 level English language test enough for the application considering it is the second time she is applying? For initial spouse visa it is the A1 that is required. However if up to it can go for the B1 as this can be used till ILR and BC thereby saving cost and time down the line.

2- In terms of relationship docs, as evidence we provided the marriage certificate as the main document (along with other docs). The home office website suggests that the document must be not more than 4 years old. Now it's been more than 4 years since we got married, therefore the marriage certificate is old than 4 years. Considering this is that still the valid document to provide? Yes, marriage certificate is not a document that expires We are also planning to provide other docs like a bank statement showing the same address for both of us, chat, photos, and some of the recent docs from my son's school that has my and my wife's name on them. What other recent documents are valid ones to prove the relationship?

3- My employer usually pays my salary on Friday. This year during easter, the employer was supposed to pay on easter Friday i.e. 7th of April. The amount transferred in the account was on 6th April (probably because BACS transfers don't usually happen on bank holidays) but the payslip says Pay Date as 7th April. The amount is exactly the same but the date is different here. Is this really a discrepancy? If it is then should I get a letter from the employer to explain this? Or covering this difference in the cover letter is enough? This is not an issue.

4- Since we apply online and fill in the form there, do we need the VAF2 form to be completed as part of the documents that we are required to upload? No, it is already incorporated in the online form.
Are you restarting the spouse visa process with your wife applying from outside UK or is this an extension of spouse visa you are applying for?

hamakhaa

Post by hamakhaa » Sun Jul 30, 2023 12:07 pm

Thanks for answering the questions.

Yes reapplying from the beginning. My wife's visa got expired in March 2022 as we were in Pakistan. We traveled to Pakistan from UK in Sep 2021. We did not apply for an extension.

Therefore now we will have to apply from the beginning.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:51 pm

hamakhaa wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2023 12:07 pm
Thanks for answering the questions.

Yes reapplying from the beginning. My wife's visa got expired in March 2022 as we were in Pakistan. We traveled to Pakistan from UK in Sep 2021. We did not apply for an extension.

Therefore now we will have to apply from the beginning.
So for your question 1, yes use the A1.
Where possible, do aim for the B1 when applying for her extension.

hamakhaa

Post by hamakhaa » Sun Jul 30, 2023 2:06 pm

Thank you so much, really appreciate your quick response.

hamakhaa

Post by hamakhaa » Sun Aug 13, 2023 1:13 pm

Quick questions, please if anyone can confirm:

1. 28 days rule, does that apply only to financial docs like payslips, bank statements, and employer letters? Or it is also applicable to docs like NOC letters, Housing Inspection Report?

2. I am renting a 3-bed house from a private landlord, do I need a housing inspection report in addition to NOC letter from landlord? Is there any other doc required?

Thanks in advance for your support.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:29 pm

hamakhaa wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2023 1:13 pm
Quick questions, please if anyone can confirm:

1. 28 days rule, does that apply only to financial docs like payslips, bank statements, and employer letters? Or it is also applicable to docs like NOC letters, Housing Inspection Report? Besides the financial documents if you can get others to within 28days to no problem, if not no issues.

2. I am renting a 3-bed house from a private landlord, do I need a housing inspection report the housing inspection report from my perspective is not a mandatory document, only to cover all angles is why it is presented. If the house is spacious enough and no other occupants i personally wont bother with it in addition to NOC letter from landlord? Is there any other doc required? Your tenancy agreement.

Thanks in advance for your support.