ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR letter for absences from UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nay2023
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR letter for absences from UK

Post by nay2023 » Sun Jul 30, 2023 4:51 pm

Hi all,

Situation:
- I completed +5 years as Skilled Worker, so qualify for ILR under 5-year route.
- I first came to UK 9 years ago under Tier4 Student visa.
- In the ILR form it asks when I first moved to the UK, I put the date when I came as a student.
- In the question asking to list all periods of absence from UK, it is unclear if it means the period relevant for the 5-year under Skilled Worker only, or if it is all absences since moving to UK.
- I have listed all absence since moving to UK, as this is what they will see in my passport.

Question:
- The next step is to provide letter *from employers* acknowledging any periods of absence. This I have got. What I don't have is a letter *from the university* for absences I had during time as a student. Is this a necessary document? Or is it enough to have letters from employers for past 5 years, since I'm applying under the 5-year Skilled Worker route?

Thanks in advance.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR letter for absences from UK

Post by zimba » Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:29 pm

The application form is NOT a full disclosure, so you are only expected to provide the relevant information to your application and based on the relevant qualification period for your ILR. The date you put on the application is NOT important as your ILR eligibility is determined based on the period of lawful residence under the Skilled Worker/Tier 2 route, not what you say on the form.

You should ONLY declare absences of the last 5 years as the rest is not relevant to this application. Your Tier 4 visa period is NOT relevant at all. A letter of absence is ONLY needed from the current sponsor and there is no specific format.

Read: All you need to know about the sponsor letter for Skilled Worker route
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

nay2023
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: ILR letter for absences from UK

Post by nay2023 » Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:11 pm

Thanks so much, that is what I thought, but the form language is a bit confusing!