ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

One English test for extension and ILR

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Walimusa
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Cohabitation documents for spouse extension

Post by Walimusa » Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:34 pm

Hi there.
Can you please let me know howmany documents do i need to for visa extension? We have two children both are british. We have following documents.

1 bank statements at same address
2 nhs letters
3 marriage certificate
4 children birth certificate
5 bills are all only on my name
6 HMRC letters at same address we both are self employed

The extension is in December. Do i need more proofs or this should suffice? Some people said we need 6 letters.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Cohabitation documents for spouse extension

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:53 pm

Walimusa wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:34 pm
Hi there.
Can you please let me know howmany documents do i need to for visa extension? We have two children both are british. We have following documents.

1 bank statements at same address
2 nhs letters
3 marriage certificate
4 children birth certificate
5 bills are all only on my name
6 HMRC letters at same address we both are self employed

The extension is in December. Do i need more proofs or this should suffice? Some people said we need 6 letters.
6 letters if in both names or 12 letters if addressed individually. From at least 3 sources at intervals of 3-4months and covering last 2years preceeding the application.

Walimusa
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Walimusa » Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:40 am

Thanks for the reply. That means i don’t have enough letters to actually fulfill the requirement. Any suggestions how i can sort these out please. Thanks in advance

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jul 28, 2023 2:57 am

Walimusa wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:40 am
Thanks for the reply. That means i don’t have enough letters to actually fulfill the requirement. Any suggestions how i can sort these out please. Thanks in advance
Provide as much as you can lay hold of. Any item of correspondence bearing your names and address can be used including online letters.
As extension is in December you can still get a couple in.

Walimusa
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Walimusa » Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:04 am

Thanks.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:34 pm

Add your spouse to utility bills from now on and you can st least get one in joint names between now and when you apply
Do you have a council tax letter as both names should be on there
If you are a commonwealth citizens (your flag indicates that you are) then are you both on the electoral roll?

Walimusa
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Walimusa » Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:14 am

Greenie wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:34 pm
Add your spouse to utility bills from now on and you can st least get one in joint names between now and when you apply
Do you have a council tax letter as both names should be on there
If you are a commonwealth citizens (your flag indicates that you are) then are you both on the electoral roll?
Council tax is being paid by the landlord himself. And yes we both are on electroL roll.

Walimusa
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Walimusa » Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:40 pm

So from 3 sources 12 letters

Source 1: bank statement
Source 2: NHS Letters
Source 3: HMRC self employment confirmation
And also Electoral Registration.

I changed broadband bill to her name just today. And applied for joint bank account as well. Obviously these proofs will be new ones. But I hope it will be sufficient. So total letters should be 12 that means 3 different sources i need to provide 6 letters 2 letters each source and my dependent needs to provide the same. Please correct me if i am wrong. Thanks

Walimusa
Newly Registered
Pakistan

One English test for extension and ILR

Post by Walimusa » Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:52 pm

Hi. I need some information please. My wife’s visa extension is due in few months. And she needs the English test. Someone told me that if she does B1 test she can use the same test in her ILR and extension applications. Would like some feedback if possible. Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: One English test for extension and ILR

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:58 pm

Walimusa wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:52 pm
Hi. I need some information please. My wife’s visa extension is due in few months. And she needs the English test. Someone told me that if she does B1 test she can use the same test in her ILR and extension applications. Would like some feedback if possible. Thanks
Yes, that is correct.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Walimusa
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Walimusa » Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:24 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:58 pm
Walimusa wrote:
Yes, that is correct.
Thanks for the reply sir. But B1 has 2 years validity how it could be used in the ilr and naturalisation applications?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:02 am

Walimusa wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:24 pm
CR001 wrote:
Walimusa wrote:
Yes, that is correct.
Thanks for the reply sir. But B1 has 2 years validity how it could be used in the ilr and naturalisation applications?
british-citizenship/reusing-old-english ... 37870.html

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:04 am

Walimusa wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:24 pm
CR001 wrote:
Walimusa wrote:
Yes, that is correct.
Applying to settle in the UK
You can use a B1 level qualification that’s run out if both of the following are true:

.it’s on the current list of recognised tests
.it was accepted for another UK immigration application, for example when you got permission to enter

Walimusa
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Walimusa » Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:40 am

Thanks a lot. Much appreciate your time and help.