ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship E vetting Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Blackbox
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Citizenship E vetting Ireland

Post by Blackbox » Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:06 pm

How long does it takes for nvb to carry out vetting after submitting all details .
Especially for Pakistanis .
I have done vetting before for HCA and it took less than two days .
Do they have record of old vetting?

griffith2
Ireland

Re: Citizenship E vetting Ireland

Post by griffith2 » Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:18 pm

Why do you think its so special for pakistan nationals?
Is it not the same like everyone else?
Its absurd to say, quote ( "especially for pakistani" )

NVB is only a permission form for garda vetting.
You should expect an invitation email within 6 to 8 weeks.
Your previous HCA vetting was for HCA not ISD.
Another garda vetting is required for citizenship as the old vetting is not applicable here.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:26 pm

I agree with the above - wouldn't expect NVB to differentiate that much for different nationalities and other eVetting result was for a different purpose - they would probably have to redo the procedure again. If not, you're in luck.

If you got an email from Garda NVB (not ISD) to fill out the forms with all your addresses, should take 2-3 weeks.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Blackbox
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Blackbox » Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:58 am

Thank you all, it is just the wait and uncertainty getting on my nerves.
I mentioned Pakistani as someone on the form mentioned it that perhaps Pakistani and Saudi nationals vetting takes longer .
Didn't mean to target anyone,I have submitted e vetting and a member of citizenship reviews and forward it too nvb for completion and it is got stuck there with no further movement from nvb

Vadrar
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Vadrar » Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:40 am

I mentioned that where people are asked to supply their own police checks for foreign countries it seem to be for people who’ve lived in Pakistan or Saudi Arabia. This doesn’t seem to happen to everyone whose lived there and I haven’t seen it that recently. It’s not a nationality thing, but a residency issue.

I understand that the data sharing agreement that covers most of the world for police checks doesn’t always cover Pakistan or Saudi Arabia. So an international request from Irish Garda doesn’t work and individuals need to request on their own behalf. I’d ignore this aspect unless it comes up specifically for you.

Blackbox
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Blackbox » Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:25 pm

Thank you , I have not been to Pakistan since past 15 years .
I think I am over thinking ,
Regards

User20123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by User20123 » Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:36 pm

Blackbox wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:25 pm
Thank you , I have not been to Pakistan since past 15 years .
I think I am over thinking ,
Regards
Don't overthink. I understand how frustrating it is to wait for NVB link and complete the citizenship process, but the way this department operates is above everyone's head. I hope you receive the Garda vetting along with me and 1,000 others who are awaiting it, and I hope that none of the people from 2023 will be present at the upcoming ceremony. Although I am aware that the majority of my friends who applied this year have already received their certificates, a few are still awaiting the ceremony email. We can only express our frustration, but they will continue to act in the same manner. Not likely to change in the near future!!!

Blackbox
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Blackbox » Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:56 pm

Thank you for your kind words.i personally know some one who applied in 2023 and got through.
I have nothing against people who applied in 2023 and approved and all but I agree this is very very frustrating .
Let's just hope we all go through and get approved in 2023.