ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa curtailment letter

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mmcfly
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Marriage breakdown - HO

Post by mmcfly » Mon Jun 19, 2023 2:05 pm

Hi all, me and my wife's marriage broke down Feb 2023, she has since moved in with a friend and i am due to move next week. Home office has not yet been notified as i wanted to give the relationship time in the event of reconciliation, knowing that giving HO notice of marriage breakdown is a one way ticket. Wife has recently asked to give the notice herself but in July, after an abroad holiday and to give a few weeks searching for work visas.

After looking online i am becoming increasingly worried that i've left it a long time, and that she will be pulled upon re-entering the country due to having informed my local council that i have moved address and nobody lives at the address. I am worried that this will cause trouble for me legally. Will i be in trouble at this stage?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Marriage breakdown - HO

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:46 pm

mmcfly wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 2:05 pm
Hi all, me and my wife's marriage broke down Feb 2023, she has since moved in with a friend and i am due to move next week. Home office has not yet been notified as i wanted to give the relationship time in the event of reconciliation, knowing that giving HO notice of marriage breakdown is a one way ticket. Wife has recently asked to give the notice herself but in July, after an abroad holiday and to give a few weeks searching for work visas.

After looking online i am becoming increasingly worried that i've left it a long time, and that she will be pulled upon re-entering the country due to having informed my local council that i have moved address and nobody lives at the address. I am worried that this will cause trouble for me legally. Will i be in trouble at this stage?
No you can not be in trouble for moving address and so far not reporting breakdown of marriage. Presume you are BC or on ILR at the moment?

mmcfly
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mmcfly » Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:11 pm

Sorry I should have specified, I am asking from the position as UK sponsor, wife is on the spouse visa. The ILR application would be due Jan 2024.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:37 pm

She can't get ilr if you report the marriage breakdown

You won't get into trouble for reporting this either.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mmcfly
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mmcfly » Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:55 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:37 pm
She can't get ilr if you report the marriage breakdown

You won't get into trouble for reporting this either.
Thank you for the reply. Am I likely to face legal trouble in having waited 6 months to notify HO?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:23 pm

No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sam550
United Kingdom

Post by sam550 » Tue Jun 20, 2023 12:36 am

It’s never too late to inform HO, these things do take time and maybe things get better for you hopefully, so yes take your time and make a right decision and what’s best for you.

mmcfly
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Spouse visa curtailment letter

Post by mmcfly » Thu Aug 03, 2023 3:48 pm

I understand this may be an odd question, but does a spouse visa curtailment letter specifically state who they received notice from? Or is it just a straightforward statement of curtailment due to breakdown ?

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa curtailment letter

Post by Ticktack » Thu Aug 03, 2023 4:15 pm

mmcfly wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2023 3:48 pm
I understand this may be an odd question, but does a spouse visa curtailment letter specifically state who they received notice from? Or is it just a straightforward statement of curtailment due to breakdown ?
Do you want to give more insight into your question? (PEE) Phrase, Expand and Explain your statements for better understanding
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 03, 2023 4:23 pm

Ticktack wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2023 4:15 pm
mmcfly wrote:
Do you want to give more insight into your question? (PEE) Phrase, Expand and Explain your statements for better understanding
Topics merged. Useful to look at previous posts to avoid constant repetitive posting.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Thu Aug 03, 2023 4:27 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2023 4:23 pm
Ticktack wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2023 4:15 pm
mmcfly wrote:
Topics merged. Useful to look at previous posts to avoid constant repetitive posting.
Maybe if OP hadn't started a new topic, then it would have been simplified. You don't say?
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

mmcfly
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mmcfly » Thu Aug 03, 2023 4:35 pm

Apologies. Both parties have given notice, however spouse wanted to be the sole person giving notice for whatever reason and made threats if I gave notice also. I have due to my understanding of it being a legal obligation. Just want to know if spouse will eventually know I did via the curtailment letter and should be worried about threats made.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:12 pm

Just want to know if spouse will eventually know I did via the curtailment letter and should be worried about threats made.
She won't. If she is threatening you, report her to the police.
Char (CR001 not Casa)