ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Name Aliases Confusion - Home Office Reply (Important for Everyone)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Name Aliases Confusion - Home Office Reply (Important for Everyone)

Post by hina_pirzada » Thu Aug 03, 2023 5:39 pm

Dear All Members,

I just want to update you about the reply I received today from the Subject Access Team (Home Office) regarding the “Aliases”. There is confusion around the board’s members, and some misguided others by telling them that due to “Aliases”, their application is delayed or will be delayed.

I was very clear from the beginning that Aliases are name variations and won’t impact on the application.
But after reading some posts, I requested SAR and found “Aliases.” For that reason, escalated the issue with Home Office.

Kindly see the below response. I hope that this will help to clear up the confusion.

Good Morning,

Re: Right to Rectification Rejection

Thank you for your email dated 13 July 2023, in which you asked for your aliases to be removed from your records. Your request is being handled in line with our obligations under Data Protection legislation.
We have carefully considered your request and have concluded that the personal data pertaining to you, held within our records, is correct, as the aliases you have mentioned in your email below are variations of your current and maiden name. No further action will be taken.

The aliases would not affect any Naturalization application.

If you are not happy with this response you have the right to complain to The Information Commissioner’s Office: Information Commissioner's Office (ICO).

Kind Regards,

SARU