ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa extension window

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

saurabhp
United Kingdom

Spouse visa extension window

Post by saurabhp » Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:45 pm

Hello, it’s our time to renew my wife’s spouse visa. I just wanted to confirm if she is in the eligible window to extend the visa now. As far as I am aware she is eligible now but wanted to confirm. She entered the UK on 21/2/21 and her current visa expires on 19/11/23. So her 2 y 6 months complete on 21/08/23. So according to that she can apply anytime starting from 25/7/23. Can anyone please confirm. Many thanks.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa extension window

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:20 pm

saurabhp wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:45 pm
Hello, it’s our time to renew my wife’s spouse visa. I just wanted to confirm if she is in the eligible window to extend the visa now. As far as I am aware she is eligible now but wanted to confirm. She entered the UK on 21/2/21 and her current visa expires on 19/11/23. So her 2 y 6 months complete on 21/08/23. So according to that she can apply anytime starting from 25/7/23. Can anyone please confirm. Many thanks.
Correct, as per the entry date you gave above she is eligible to apply already till the expiry date of current leave.

saurabhp
United Kingdom

Post by saurabhp » Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:11 pm

Thanks so much for your swift reply!

saurabhp
United Kingdom

Post by saurabhp » Fri Aug 04, 2023 1:53 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:20 pm
saurabhp wrote:
Correct, as per the entry date you gave above she is eligible to apply already till the expiry date of current leave.
Also, it asks for evidence of monthly housing costs for accommodation in the UK. Do I need to provide proof of full 2 years or just last 6 months? We bought our own house so we have mortgage statements since February 2022 but were renting before that. The tenancy agreement was just in my name and not in our joint names. Do I need to provide that as well and bank statements showing payments were going out of the bank?

Also for council tax bills as evidence, no where does it show that these bills are paid, so can this also act as evidence of council tax costs for accommodation? Many thanks.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Aug 04, 2023 2:12 pm

saurabhp wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 1:53 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
saurabhp wrote:
Also, it asks for evidence of monthly housing costs for accommodation in the UK. Do I need to provide proof of full 2 years or just last 6 months? We bought our own house so we have mortgage statements since February 2022 but were renting before that. The tenancy agreement was just in my name and not in our joint names. Do I need to provide that as well and bank statements showing payments were going out of the bank?

Also for council tax bills as evidence, no where does it show that these bills are paid, so can this also act as evidence of council tax costs for accommodation? Many thanks.
Evidence of housing cost will be your regular mortgage payments/mortgage statements, as it is yours provide title deed.
Evidence of cohabitation will be letters you have addressed to you both or individually covering the last 2years.

saurabhp
United Kingdom

Post by saurabhp » Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:10 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 2:12 pm
saurabhp wrote:
AmazonianX wrote:
saurabhp wrote:

Evidence of housing cost will be your regular mortgage payments/mortgage statements, as it is yours provide title deed.
Evidence of cohabitation will be letters you have addressed to you both or individually covering the last 2years.

Hi AmazonianX, my question is regarding the time when we were renting? What about that?
I am not asking about evidence of cohabitation. There is a checkbox in my checklist which says the following,

Evidence of monthly housing costs for the accommodation in the UK where you live or will live

So for this I am providing mortgage statement from February 2022 but what about before that as we were renting then.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:43 pm

saurabhp wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:10 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 2:12 pm
saurabhp wrote:
AmazonianX wrote:
saurabhp wrote:

Hi AmazonianX, my question is regarding the time when we were renting? What about that?
I am not asking about evidence of cohabitation. There is a checkbox in my checklist which says the following,

Evidence of monthly housing costs for the accommodation in the UK where you live or will live

So for this I am providing mortgage statement from February 2022 but what about before that as we were renting then. It doesn't matter now, only thing from the time if renting will be cohabitation evidence of then.

saurabhp
United Kingdom

Post by saurabhp » Sat Aug 05, 2023 3:03 pm

Thanks, but don’t we have to show accommodation costs for last 2 years and not just last 1.5 year? If that’s the case then why do you think we have this box in our document checklist in addition to asking for 6 joint documents as cohabitation proofs.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:24 pm

saurabhp wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 3:03 pm
Thanks, but don’t we have to show accommodation costs for last 2 years and not just last 1.5 year? If that’s the case then why do you think we have this box in our document checklist in addition to asking for 6 joint documents as cohabitation proofs.
There is no where you are asked to show accommodation cost for 2years, that's evidence of cohabitation; don't mix it up.
Tenancy agreement, council tax docs, evidenced by outflow from accounts will take care of housing cost requirements. As you are not renting tenancy agreement us out and replaced by documents you earlier mentioned above.

saurabhp
United Kingdom

Post by saurabhp » Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:11 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:24 pm
saurabhp wrote:
There is no where you are asked to show accommodation cost for 2years, that's evidence of cohabitation; don't mix it up.
Tenancy agreement, council tax docs, evidenced by outflow from accounts (so do I need to show 2 years of bank statements to show the outflow?)will take care of housing cost requirements. As you are not renting tenancy agreement us out and replaced by documents you earlier mentioned above. As I understand they want last 2 years of history so out of the last 2 years I was renting for 6 months so do I need to show the tenancy agreement of those 6 months accompanied by bank statements showing outflow of rent?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:28 pm

saurabhp wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:11 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:24 pm
saurabhp wrote:
Tenancy agreement, council tax docs, evidenced by outflow from accounts (so do I need to show 2 years of bank statements to show the outflow?) No, within the bank statement of 6months being provided sufficeswill take care of housing cost requirements. As you are not renting tenancy agreement us out and replaced by documents you earlier mentioned above. As I understand they want last 2 years of history so out of the last 2 years I was renting for 6 months so do I need to show the tenancy agreement of those 6 months accompanied by bank statements showing outflow of rent? No, 2 years cohabitation evidence, if you have correspondence addressed to you at that address for the 6months provide a couple of such letters

saurabhp
United Kingdom

Post by saurabhp » Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:32 pm

Perfect, out of 6 joint cohabitation evidence, 1 is addressed to the rental address and other 5 are our current address so I think we are covered then. So no need to provide the tenancy agreement at all. Thanks

saurabhp
United Kingdom

Post by saurabhp » Sat Aug 19, 2023 3:46 pm

Hello, do we need to scan all the passport pages or just the front and the back when submitting it as mandatory document? Thanks.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:22 pm

saurabhp wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2023 3:46 pm
Hello, do we need to scan all the passport pages or just the front and the back when submitting it as mandatory document? Thanks.
Scan the biodata page and all pages with travel history of applicant.

saurabhp
United Kingdom

Post by saurabhp » Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:14 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:22 pm
saurabhp wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2023 3:46 pm
Scan the biodata page and all pages with travel history of applicant.
Thanks so much for confirming.

saurabhp
United Kingdom

Post by saurabhp » Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:26 pm

Thank you very much AmazonianX for all the help. VISA has been approved.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Sep 23, 2023 6:55 am

saurabhp wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:26 pm
Thank you very much AmazonianX for all the help. VISA has been approved.
Congratulations

Srinav123
Newly Registered
India

Post by Srinav123 » Thu Sep 28, 2023 7:02 pm

Congratulation Saurabh, How long you got the visa for ?