ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Super Priority Appointments

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bookerw100
Member of Standing

ILR and sponsor's job abroad opportunity

Post by bookerw100 » Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:08 am

Hi
Whats the rules regarding the British sponsor of a spouse visa moving abroad for a job while spouse stays back in the UK as their ILR is due in about a year?

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: ILR and sponsor's job abroad opportunity

Post by Ticktack » Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:53 am

bookerw100 wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:08 am
Hi
Whats the rules regarding the British sponsor of a spouse visa moving abroad for a job while spouse stays back in the UK as their ILR is due in about a year?
British Citizen can go and work anywhere they like. It doesn't affect the ILR application of the spouse resident in the UK.

Provided that the relationship is subsistent!
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

bookerw100
Member of Standing

Post by bookerw100 » Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:57 am

Ticktack wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:53 am
bookerw100 wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:08 am
Hi
British Citizen can go and work anywhere they like. It doesn't affect the ILR application of the spouse resident in the UK.

Provided that the relationship is subsistent!
Thanks. Isn't there a requirement that the sponsor too has to be "resident" in the UK?
Do they make the applicant sign a declaration to confirm the same?

Also, I am guessing they will ask for my passport details on the spouse's application so can check I have left the country but not returned.

I will be able to prove subsistence as my address etc with UK banks , council tax, utilities, mortgage will remain unchanged. so we will have letter to prove these.

Sorry if these queries sound a bit OTT, but it will be a big deal so want to be absolutely sure that it won't affect spouse ILR if i was to move abroad.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:01 pm

Just bear in mind that her visa and ILR is dependent on you being present and settled in the UK. How are you planning on meeting the financial requirements?

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/set-m
Apply to settle in the UK - Partner of a person or parent of a child already settled in the UK
Use this form to apply to settle in the UK as a current spouse or partner of a person present and settled in the UK
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:17 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:01 pm
Just bear in mind that her visa and ILR is dependent on you being present and settled in the UK. How are you planning on meeting the financial requirements?

Apply to settle in the UK - Partner of a person or parent of a child already settled in the UK
Use this form to apply to settle in the UK as a current spouse or partner of a person present and settled in the UK
Quick line of thought. Spouse has been here for 4 years already, as OP mentioned that only one year left. So spouse just needs to meet the financial requirements of £18,600 (if working). OP who is a BC would never need to tender and financial docs. If OP is in and out of the UK every couple of months, I reckon that it should suffice.
Like OP already mentioned nothing else changes apart from work base. Home still remains Home.

Just my humble thoughts. :idea:

bookerw100
Member of Standing

Post by bookerw100 » Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:50 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:01 pm

so spouse will work and earns over the threshold and will use this for ILR, extension was also sought using the spouse's income.
Just to be clear I won't coming in and out of the UK. I will be employed and paid abroad so will spend majority of time abroad. But yes my home address and corresponding letters in UK will be maintained.

bookerw100
Member of Standing

Post by bookerw100 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:48 am

Has anyone else got any further thoughts please? any input appreciated maybe from some practical experience of having gone through something similar.
thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:38 pm

bookerw100 wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:48 am
Has anyone else got any further thoughts please? any input appreciated maybe from some practical experience of having gone through something similar.
thanks
It would say this will be ok. Your spouse is using their income to qualify and there is no mention of you
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

bookerw100
Member of Standing

Post by bookerw100 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:18 am

Zimba wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:38 pm
bookerw100 wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:48 am
thanks
It would say this will be ok. Your spouse is using their income to qualify and there is no mention of you
Will they have authority to check my movements through my passport number as part of her application?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:46 am

They probably have no interest
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

dreamer2

Post by dreamer2 » Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:15 pm

I would suggest to come to UK on the day of application. I think there is a questions if the sponsor is in UK on the day of application. If the answer will be NO it could rise more questions.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:00 am

dreamer2 wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:15 pm
I would suggest to come to UK on the day of application. I think there is a questions if the sponsor is in UK on the day of application. If the answer will be NO it could rise more questions.
Not sure that there's any such question. Sponsor is free to move around.

bookerw100
Member of Standing

ILR Super Priority Appointments

Post by bookerw100 » Fri Aug 04, 2023 4:01 pm

What are people's recent experiences these days regarding getting super priority for SET (M) ILR? I did a dummy application and have been trying for a few days but only seeing standard service.

I read the other thread about it not being easy to get super priority on these routes so wondering how people are fairing now?

Plob500
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Super Priority Appointments

Post by Plob500 » Sun Aug 06, 2023 3:16 pm

I found a Super Priority appointment at 2.30am on a Monday during May after having my application ready to submit for 3 weeks. Try at that time on a Tuesday after a Bank Holiday as well. By 7.00am they had disappeared. Good Luck!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Aug 06, 2023 3:46 pm

bookerw100 wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 4:01 pm
What are people's recent experiences these days regarding getting super priority for SET (M) ILR? I did a dummy application and have been trying for a few days but only seeing standard service.

I read the other thread about it not being easy to get super priority on these routes so wondering how people are fairing now?
Check from around 1am.

bookerw100
Member of Standing

Post by bookerw100 » Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:35 am

Plob500 wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2023 3:16 pm
I found a Super Priority appointment at 2.30am on a Monday during May after having my application ready to submit for 3 weeks. Try at that time on a Tuesday after a Bank Holiday as well. By 7.00am they had disappeared. Good Luck!
Thanks, Interesting - they seem to be high demand!