ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Irish Passport Renewal

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sham321
Ireland

Child Irish Passport Renewal

Post by Sham321 » Mon Aug 07, 2023 12:31 pm

Dear All,

I am applying to renew my son's Irish passport which is expired last month. He is living outside of Ireland and I have just filled his application. Just wanted to confirm couple of points: (1). At the end of the application, the required docs are listed as Cover Page and Consent form, wanted to confirm if these are only 2 docs that I need to provide or is there anyother I should also provide? (2). My wife is living outside of Ireland and Im in Ireland, the consent form has to be signed by both guardians, Can I get my wife to sign the consent form and also get this signed by witness and then Scan that form to me which I will sign here in Ireland and post to passport office?

Can someone please guide me on this. Sorry if the above questions are not clear, I can provide further clarification just in case. Thanks in advance.

Vadrar
Member of Standing
Ireland

Re: Child Irish Passport Renewal

Post by Vadrar » Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:15 pm

Re your wife signing- we’ve been advised* passport applications signatures need to be ‘wet’. This means signature on the submitted application is created by pen and not a copied/ photocopied/ faxed etc version. This would rule out scanning the document. I’d suggest your wife will need to sign and post back.

*it may be that this information is now outdated, but our legal advisors are usually pretty current. Happy to be corrected by someone who has seen an amended rule/law.

Sham321
Ireland

Post by Sham321 » Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:53 pm

Thanks v much for your response. Will get that posted then.

Another issue is, i have put myself as guardian A and my wife as B. My child is living with my wife, now the consent form requires that guardian A should take the child to witness to get that signed. In my case, my wife can take child to witness however she is guardian B. Any advise on this please?

I tried to put my wife as guardian A but at end the payment was not going through so I had to put myself as guardian A and the payment gone through.

Vadrar
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Vadrar » Mon Aug 07, 2023 3:00 pm

No experience in that, but given it is done I guess you can only submit and see if they accept or reject?