ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tourist Visa (Schengen) for holiday in Spain

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

BanoffeePi
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Tourist Visa (Schengen) for holiday in Spain

Post by BanoffeePi » Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:26 pm

Hi there,

My husband is a British citizen and I am an Indian passport holder living in the Uk on a spouse visa and i have a BRP card. We are going to Spain on a short holiday. My husband is paying for the whole trip and he is providing his payslips, bank statements, employment letter, etc. for my visa application. I have downloaded the documents checklist and one of the points say that In case of the sponsored trip: notarized sponsorship letter duly dated and signed, officially translated into Spanish, supported by the following sponsor documents: passport (original and copy), employment letter officially translated, last 6-month original bank statements
Does my husband need to provide the notarized sponsorship letter?

Many thanks,
Joy

meself2
Ireland

Re: Tourist Visa (Schengen) for holiday in Spain

Post by meself2 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:26 am

Have you tried calling the VFS and asking them this question? They may be able to help, worth a try anyway.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

BanoffeePi
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by BanoffeePi » Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:05 pm

It's BLS and yes I have. It's a customer care service, spoke to two different associates. Neither of them could provide any information regarding my query.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:53 pm

BanoffeePi wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:26 pm
Hi there,

My husband is a British citizen and I am an Indian passport holder living in the Uk on a spouse visa and i have a BRP card. We are going to Spain on a short holiday. My husband is paying for the whole trip and he is providing his payslips, bank statements, employment letter, etc. for my visa application. I have downloaded the documents checklist and one of the points say that In case of the sponsored trip: notarized sponsorship letter duly dated and signed, officially translated into Spanish, supported by the following sponsor documents: passport (original and copy), employment letter officially translated, last 6-month original bank statements
Does my husband need to provide the notarized sponsorship letter? Yes to show that he approves you using his documents, they can't be bothered to read it English.

Many thanks,
Joy
If they request for it then you have to get them done. It sounds like the documents that you would need to submit regardless.
The UK has obviously left the EU, otherwise your marriage certificate and your spouse's passport would have been enough.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!