ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Want to apply for settled status?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

waqas123

Want to apply for settled status?

Post by waqas123 » Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:22 pm

Hi, my friend married to Romanian spouse.This is his timeline.

living together 25 Nov 2018 (his 5 year living together will be completed on 25 Nov 2023)
Married 18 Oct 2019
5 year Visa. 21 Jan 2021

His wife have SETTLED status dated 10 Nov 2022. (She is working throughout all this years)
1. My question is when can he is eligible to apply for Settled status… after living together 5 years which are completing on 25 Nov 2023?
Or he can apply now because his wife already have a settled status?
Does he need to provide evidence of wife working through out these 5 years? Even though she is now on SETTLED status?

kamoe
European Union

Re: Want to apply for settled status?

Post by kamoe » Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:47 am

waqas123 wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:22 pm
when can he is eligible to apply for Settled status… after living together 5 years which are completing on 25 Nov 2023?
He will be eligible for Settled Status after completing 5 years as the family member of a EU national who exercised treaty rights before Brexit. Simply moving in together does not make him a family member. If his spouse has been working throughout these years, then his clock STARTS either:

a) On the day they completed 2 years of living together, in a relationship akin to marriage (demonstrating shared financial responsibilities not just a common address)
b) On date of marriage

Then he needs to add 5 years to the start of the clock to calculate when he becomes eligible for Settled Status. So in the cases above:
a) (Moving in together + 2 years = Nov 2020) + 5 years = Nov 2025
b) (Date of Marriage = Oct 2019) + 5 years = Oct 2024
Or he can apply now because his wife already have a settled status?
No. Settled status is only transferrable to minor children, not to spouses. Adult applicants have to complete their own 5 years to be eligible to Settled Status.
Does he need to provide evidence of wife working through out these 5 years? Even though she is now on SETTLED status?
He will be told what evidence he needs to supply on application.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

waqas123

Re: Want to apply for settled status?

Post by waqas123 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:51 pm

Thanks