ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wording of new citizen scorecard - Bank Statements

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Irishspouse
Newly Registered
South Africa

Wording of new citizen scorecard - Bank Statements

Post by Irishspouse » Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:31 am

“Bank Statements
The Statements must record point of sale (POS) transactions monthly (with ROI or NI addresses).
Typically this will mean a minimum of three POS transactions per month for each of the required
number of years.
For each of the required number of years (3 consecutive months per year).”

Hello, I am just trying to figure out the wording of this statement based on the new citizen immigration scorecard. Does this mean for each year (3 for me as spouse of Irish citizen) I only need to show a statement with 3 consecutive months of 3 POS transactions?
For example if I arrived in Ireland in Aug 2020, showing a statement for March, April, May 2021 would be enough? Or do I need a full year of statements showing 3 POS for every month from Aug 2020 until Aug 2021?

Thanks

meself2
Ireland

Re: Wording of new citizen scorecard - Bank Statements

Post by meself2 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:06 pm

Wish we knew - there's no clarity about it as I don't think we had any decisions based on this guidance.
If you wish to go with 3 months only - do it, but ISD may later ask you for more stuff.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Post by shpirtshqipe » Thu Aug 10, 2023 5:17 pm

Irishspouse wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:31 am
“Bank Statements
The Statements must record point of sale (POS) transactions monthly (with ROI or NI addresses).
Typically this will mean a minimum of three POS transactions per month for each of the required
number of years.
For each of the required number of years (3 consecutive months per year).”

Hello, I am just trying to figure out the wording of this statement based on the new citizen immigration scorecard. Does this mean for each year (3 for me as spouse of Irish citizen) I only need to show a statement with 3 consecutive months of 3 POS transactions?
For example if I arrived in Ireland in Aug 2020, showing a statement for March, April, May 2021 would be enough? Or do I need a full year of statements showing 3 POS for every month from Aug 2020 until Aug 2021?

Thanks
I would be on the safe side and submit 6 months of bank statements for each year showing a minimum of 3 POS transactions for each month.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Aug 10, 2023 5:24 pm

It has always been 3 months for every year that you are claiming.

If the year you are claiming are kind of evenly split between two calendar years (E.g. if you are claiming the period between July 2020 and June 2021), it will be helpful to submit 3 consecutive months of statements in both calendar years. INIS will contact you if they want more statements from more months.

When I applied for mine many years ago, I remember I submitted July - September statements for every year, but they still came back and ask me to submit March - May statements for every year as well.

Irishspouse
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Irishspouse » Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:38 am

Appreciate all the help guys.
I guess i'd be better doing an avadavat then. I arrive in the middle of the covid pandemic so dont really have bank statements for 1st 6 months of stay so probably better to just explain that early rather than wait for them to contact me to ask for it and im guessing that would slow the whole thing down.

Thanks guys