ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student visa terminated

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Olekugan
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Student visa terminated

Post by Olekugan » Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:26 pm

Hey , please i am a dependent and my husband is on student visa but this morning we received a letter saying he has broken immigration law by working more than 20hours ,so there for, his visa has been cancelled with immediate effect which includes me as well !!! I don’t know what to do ! I don’t know where to go or how to even handle this, can anyone help please ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Student visa terminated

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:51 pm

broken immigration law by working more than 20hours ,so there for, his visa has been cancelled with immediate effect which includes me as well !!!
Has he been working more than 20 hours per week? Is the letter an official letter/email from UKVI? Does the letter state the visa is curtailed to 60 days with a new expiry date noted?
I don’t know what to do ! I don’t know where to go or how to even handle this, can anyone help please ?
Breaching visa conditions is a serious matter. If he has breached them, not sure anything can be done. There is a lot of abuse by people who come to the UK on student visas.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

razergd1
Israel

Post by razergd1 » Sat Aug 12, 2023 11:24 pm

Can you please post the exact writing? (Without any information disclosing your personal details).

Do you know why UKVI made an assumption he breached the 20 hours work limit?
I assume that this is allegedly. If he did breach conditions and UKVI are holding good evidence then you may have to leave.

Also, under certain conditions (outside term time/ annual leave for PhD) hd should be able to work more then 20 hours.
Did you receive an option to appeal?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.
I take no responsibility for following them.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Aug 13, 2023 1:29 am

razergd1 wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2023 11:24 pm
Did you receive an option to appeal?
Unlikely.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Aug 13, 2023 3:15 am

Olekugan wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:26 pm
Hey , please i am a dependent and my husband is on student visa but this morning we received a letter saying he has broken immigration law by working more than 20hours ,so there for, his visa has been cancelled with immediate effect which includes me as well !!! I don’t know what to do ! I don’t know where to go or how to even handle this, can anyone help please ?
Was this during term time or outside if term time?
Can you come back and give responses to the questions asked.