ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Gay Fiancé Visa: Crossing Foreign Border

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

UK_Resident_2022
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Gay Fiancé Visa: Crossing Foreign Border

Post by UK_Resident_2022 » Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:36 pm

Hello everyone,

We are a gay couple consisting of myself (Algerian-British dual national) and my partner (Algerian national). My (Algerian) partner has just been granted a Fiancé Visa in Algeria to join me (Algerian-British) in the UK to get married and switch to a Spouse Visa. As we are both getting ready to travel to the UK from Algeria soon, some concerns have arised.

My partner's Entry Clearance vignette states 'Marriage/CP to [MY INITIAL] + [MY LAST NAME]', meaning there is no proof that we are a same-sex couple who are about to get married in the UK.

We are quite stressed about crossing the Algerian border and cannot find any guidance on whether the Algerian/overseas border/s has or could have access to the details of my partner's visa and, therefore, workout that we are a same-sex couple, which could cause significant problems as the Algerian Border Force isn't the friendliest or most tolerant. (For context, homosexuality in Algeria is illegal and punishable by heavy sentences.)

So, our main question is - Do overseas (or Algerian) borders have access to UK visa details (i.e. partner's full name, gender, etc.) or only what is stated on the Entry Clearance vignette?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Many thanks,

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Gay Fiancé Visa: Crossing Foreign Border

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:23 pm

UK_Resident_2022 wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:36 pm
Hello everyone,

We are a gay couple consisting of myself (Algerian-British dual national) and my partner (Algerian national). My (Algerian) partner has just been granted a Fiancé Visa in Algeria to join me (Algerian-British) in the UK to get married and switch to a Spouse Visa. As we are both getting ready to travel to the UK from Algeria soon, some concerns have arised.

My partner's Entry Clearance vignette states 'Marriage/CP to [MY INITIAL] + [MY LAST NAME]', meaning there is no proof that we are a same-sex couple who are about to get married in the UK.

We are quite stressed about crossing the Algerian border and cannot find any guidance on whether the Algerian/overseas border/s has or could have access to the details of my partner's visa and, therefore, workout that we are a same-sex couple, which could cause significant problems as the Algerian Border Force isn't the friendliest or most tolerant. (For context, homosexuality in Algeria is illegal and punishable by heavy sentences.)

So, our main question is - Do overseas (or Algerian) borders have access to UK visa details (i.e. partner's full name, gender, etc.) or only what is stated on the Entry Clearance vignette? Only that information on vignette, they will not have access to such records on UK government's data base.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Many thanks,