ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS dependant visa extension of partner of settled immigrant

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pradders
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

PBS dependant visa extension of partner of settled immigrant

Post by pradders » Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:11 pm

Hi All

I need some help please regarding the application for PBS dependent visa extension for my wife, here is my situation.

Tier 2 general first issued in Nov 2017 for three years and extended in Oct 2020 for another three years valid till Oct 2023. I have the ILR granted for me in Nov 2022,

My wife got her Tier 2 general dependant visa in Aug 2018, she was in the UK for only three weeks (Aug 2018)and returned to India, she came back to the UK in May 2019 and since then we are living together. when I extended my visa in oct 2020 , she applied too and got her visa extended till Oct 2023( in line with my visa dates)

she was not eligible when I applied for ILR but she continued in the PBS dependant, which is now expiring in two months and needs another extension. she will be eligible for May 2024.

I am applying now for her visa as partner of skilled worker visa with in the UK. My question is the entire form has no option to say that my status is now "settled"

I am not sure how to answer below 2 queries in the start of the application form "Eligibility Section"

Has your spouse or partner applied to work or study in the UK? I answered "Yes" (If I select "No", I cannot proceed further)

What visa have they applied for? This is a drop down and no option to mention I applied for ILR, so selected as "skilled worker" from the dropdown

Please can I get help, want to understand if I selected the correct visa type and also answers to these two queries are correct.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: PBS dependant visa extension of partner of settled immigrant

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:31 pm

pradders wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:11 pm
Hi All

I need some help please regarding the application for PBS dependent visa extension for my wife, here is my situation.

Tier 2 general first issued in Nov 2017 for three years and extended in Oct 2020 for another three years valid till Oct 2023. I have the ILR granted for me in Nov 2022,

My wife got her Tier 2 general dependant visa in Aug 2018, she was in the UK for only three weeks (Aug 2018)and returned to India, she came back to the UK in May 2019 and since then we are living together. when I extended my visa in oct 2020 , she applied too and got her visa extended till Oct 2023( in line with my visa dates)

she was not eligible when I applied for ILR but she continued in the PBS dependant, which is now expiring in two months and needs another extension. she will be eligible for May 2024.

I am applying now for her visa as partner of skilled worker visa with in the UK. My question is the entire form has no option to say that my status is now "settled"

I am not sure how to answer below 2 queries in the start of the application form "Eligibility Section"

Has your spouse or partner applied to work or study in the UK? I answered "Yes" (If I select "No", I cannot proceed further)

What visa have they applied for? This is a drop down and no option to mention I applied for ILR, so selected as "skilled worker" from the dropdown

Please can I get help, want to understand if I selected the correct visa type and also answers to these two queries are correct.
Yes you have selected right option. This is to clarify your route and hence your wife continued route.

pradders
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by pradders » Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:50 pm

Thanks a lot for your super quick response!
One more question please, we have to provide UAN number of my visa application when applying for my wife's application, can you let me know if I have to provide the UAN number of my ILR application or the UAN number of the Tier2 extension application?

Thank you.

Anon123B
United Kingdom

Post by Anon123B » Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:38 pm

Hi Pradders,

You will need to provide the UAN number of your ILR application.

pradders
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by pradders » Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:22 am

Thanks both for your quick response

pradders
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by pradders » Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:17 pm

Hi, thanks again for the quick response earlier.
After submitting the application form, I am struck in the IHS surcharge paying part,
I gave work start date as next day of my wife's visa expiry date and
work end date as the date 2 years from the start date. i.e 24/10/2023 and 24/10/2025
Also for my visa end date I gave it as 31/12/2024 as the ILR BRP has validity till 31/12/2024. Also gave the visa type as Skilled Worker (Dependant) 3 Year from the dropdown.

I am asked to pay IHS surcharge as 936£. Please can some one look into this and let know if this is correct.
Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:42 pm

You must put a date 3 years in the future so that you pay the correct IHS. Not paying the correct amount will delay the application.
I gave work start date as next day of my wife's visa expiry date and
You should use date of application.
work end date as the date 2 years from the start date. i.e 24/10/2023 and 24/10/2025
Also for my visa end date I gave it as 31/12/2024 as the ILR BRP has validity till 31/12/2024
No, you put a date 3 years in the future from the date of application date. It is a 3 year extension and 3 years IHS has to be paid. You cannot apply only for a 2 year extension.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pradders
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by pradders » Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:47 pm

Thank you very much for your time and clarifying it , is there any way of resetting the IHS pay service , I am in the page where it says to pay £ 936 and looks I cannot go back to amend the details :( do i have to delete the application and re do it?? :|

VenkatVenkat
Newly Registered
India

Post by VenkatVenkat » Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:57 pm

Hi , I am in similar situation, may I know what date you have selected as BRP expiry for your dependent visa extension?

kind regards,

Swarty
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Swarty » Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:26 pm

Hi I am in the same boat honestly things could be more confusing.

Please let me know if anyone mamaged to figure it out or if its a new application?