ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship of my child

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vt59
Newly Registered
India

Citizenship of my child

Post by vt59 » Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:57 pm

Hi All

I am currently on ILR and my son's dependant visa is coming to an end by September.
I had applied for his MN1 (Naturalization) in June but we havent heard any response as it takes 6 months.

Do I need to apply for his dependant visa extension untill I get a decision on his naturalization or can he legally stay in the UK as naturalization application has already been submitted.

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Citizenship of my child

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Aug 20, 2023 11:21 pm

vt59 wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:57 pm
Hi All

I am currently on ILR and my son's dependant visa is coming to an end by September.
I had applied for his MN1 (Naturalization) in June but we havent heard any response as it takes 6 months.

Do I need to apply for his dependant visa extension untill I get a decision on his naturalization or can he legally stay in the UK as naturalization application has already been submitted.

Thanks
Registration (MN1) or naturalisation (AN) are not immigration applications and don't confer residency rights before applicant becomes British. Your son was born outside the UK?
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

vt59
Newly Registered
India

Post by vt59 » Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:13 am

No, he was born inside the UK but before my ILR.
Now, I have secured my ILR and then applied using MN1. Isnt that right?
Do I still have to extend his dependant visa?

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:13 am

If he was born in the UK, then he is entitled to register. There is no requirement to extend his leave. However, consider getting adequate health insurance instead.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.